The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

I had dynamat fitted to the front doors and rear quarters when i had the stereo system upgraded, they have completely sealed it in dynamat even doing the back of the door cards, its made a huge difference to the road noise the car gets, im so impressed ive booked it back in next week to get the boot done.

Video will give you an idea of what i mean, listen to the difference of me tapping the wing and the door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgc-2Kej4Sg

The stereo consists of a Kenwood 5220 Satnav double din head unit.

Alpine Type R 17cm speakers front and rear, tweeters in the footwell.

Vibe 3 channel amp.

Its having a 10" sub fitted in the boot next week and a re carpet.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to cut the rear archs when i fitted the last wheels, no rubbing at all and wheels sit flush, its going into wheels in motion tomorrow for a full geo setup and im going to drop the front down a bit more as the gap is a bit big for my liking.:)

Ah...it must be the ride height playing tricks on the photo then....makes sense.

I was contemplating some arch rolling at the rear to gain clearance but have decided to go for cutting instead to lessen the risk of body damage.

What kind of alignment settings will you be going for?

Looking great, those wheels really work with a black car, looking forward to seeing this car in the flesh, is the fuelling sorted now ?

Ive not fitted the fuel pulsation removal kit yet, when done Ryan is going to map for more boost.

any noticeable changes in behaviour after the wheel change?

Nah feels much the same.

So once the geo is done is that the car finished?

Few bits left, boot build, get some more fuel into it so i can up the boost, Custom breather kit from Paul should be here in a few days and thats about it, gonna need a new project soon, all my mates are going retro on me and buying E30 BMW's and putting big engines in them so may have to build one of them next.

I have made an offer on a small farm/small holding on friday with some huge outbuildings and a nice farmhouse, really hoping i get it and im going to build a nice workshop for the cars in one of the barns:)

Few bits left, boot build, get some more fuel into it so i can up the boost, Custom breather kit from Paul should be here in a few days and thats about it, gonna need a new project soon, all my mates are going retro on me and buying E30 BMW's and putting big engines in them so may have to build one of them next.

I have made an offer on a small farm/small holding on friday with some huge outbuildings and a nice farmhouse, really hoping i get it and im going to build a nice workshop for the cars in one of the barns:)

Ohhh, pics of the farm?

Are you not going to be doing NOS?

And are you still going to build an engine for if that one goes pop? Stroker kit?

No pics yet, im buying from a friend if he takes the offer, it needs a huge amount of work, i will do a summer bbq supra meet there if i get it and finish the work in time, i rekon i could get 60 cars on the drive and court yard.

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

May go Nos.

I have a good spare engine and doubt i will build it, just leave as a stock spare.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

No pics yet, im buying from a friend if he takes the offer, it needs a huge amount of work, i will do a summer bbq supra meet there if i get it and finish the work in time, i rekon i could get 60 cars on the drive and court yard.

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

May go Nos.

I have a good spare engine and doubt i will build it, just leave as a stock spare.

1. Guigsy

No lets not start that:d Long way off yet even if my offer gets execpted i have a huge amount of work infront of me.

Ive always been a believer that good solid deadlines get work done better ;)

but besides the joking the car looks awesome. i wish i could get mine sorted for the summer :( But i cant even get changing the sidelights right :p

you should put that spare motor in a beemer like your mates. then if you need it just pull it out :p