The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

I used a sectiuon of the rear wing as a test area to see what would work. For machines i used the Makita rotary for most of the car and Meguiars G220 for some tighter areas. Menzerna 106FA brought it up lovely and for the majority used Menzerna 106FA on a 3M polishing pad, Menzerna 85RD on a 3M finishing pad and on some areas Menzerna RD3.02 on a Meguiars polishing pad for a bit more cut.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After giving the dust a good wipe down with Last Touch i then applied Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite as the chosen glaze/pre wax cleanser. After removing that i polished the wheels with Meguiars All Metal Restorer and applied a coat of Poorboys Wheel Sealant and then took the car outside for a few snaps whilst dry and light

It was then brought back inside and 2 coats of Vics Concourse was applied to seal the hard work in

Whilst the wax was curing the interior was wiped down, hoovered and the engine bay was also wiped down and plastics/rubbers sprayed with 303 Aerospace and metals polished with Autoglym Metal Polish. What a lovely sight :D

And here are final pictures. Totalled around 20 hours, Im off to bed :)

Wow. I always thought you car had superb paintwork compared to most black supes, the lighting really shows up whats hidden beneath :blink: Unless you've been cleaning it with a wire brush lately :D

What is the aftercare needed after a job like this? Will it need a regular polish and wax with similar high end products?

Wow. I always thought you car had superb paintwork compared to most black supes, the lighting really shows up whats hidden beneath :blink: Unless you've been cleaning it with a wire brush lately :D

:D the lights do make it look rather bad, i always thought it was pretty clean aswell:D

What is the aftercare needed after a job like this? Will it need a regular polish and wax with similar high end products?

Its always going to be hard keeping that finish, but it will last if you apply the basic rules such as washing with two buckets, using a snowfoam lance before washing. Ive recommended a few products to Jamie that are easily available. Meguiars nxt 2.0 cream is quite good at keeping a wet finish, but it doesnt last too long, so would need doing every week or two. Autoglym super resin polish can also be very good by hand, it also contains quite a lot of 'fillers' which if put down in layers will fill any remaining/future scratches quite well. Wax, i tend to like Victoria Concourse (Red) for a blingy look that lasts very well or Collonite to give a solid, harder wearing finish. But everyone will always have different views on products, its best to try commonly recommended ones and keep with it until you learn how to get the best from it