The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Have you ducted your FMIC as well, Jamie?

Just wondering with the efforts you are going to keep temps down:d

Ive not but i have looked at it and its pretty good as is, to duct it properly i need to remove the crash bar really or make a smaller one, its something im looking at.

Also im going to pace soon to look at where they can maybe fit me a custom charge cooler.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be very interested in a quality charge cooler with mega short connecting pipework.

It would more than likely go in bumper hole intake side (moving the oil cooler to bettween the rad and ic) your pipework will be similar to mine so ill let you know mate, when ive got some time ill get over there.

I was thinking of mounting the chargecooler between the rad and engine (I have electric fans).This way' date=' the ic pipework could be very short. Then mount the heat exchanger under the passenger headlight.[/quote']

Jamie's idea was to run it inline with the intercooler as well, as an extra cooling aid.

I was thinking of mounting the chargecooler between the rad and engine (I have electric fans).This way' date=' the ic pipework could be very short. Then mount the heat exchanger under the passenger headlight.[/quote']

I think we are on the same thinking, the rad for the CC will go infront of the stock rad (you thinking of going the engine side of the rad as you have electric fans?)and the cooler mid pipework under the passenger headlight is what im thinking so its just a case of cutting the pipework and installing the chargecooler keeping the pipework the same lenth.

Jamie's idea was to run it inline with the intercooler as well, as an extra cooling aid.

Ahh are you talking about losing the fmic? i plan on keeping it, i ran a similar setup on a RS500 years ago and it worked great.

Ive not but i have looked at it and its pretty good as is, to duct it properly i need to remove the crash bar really or make a smaller one, its something im looking at.

Mine is ducted and 100% sealed - crash bar still in place with stock bumper. It can be done but just takes a bit of time for an OEM look.

Mine is ducted and 100% sealed - crash bar still in place with stock bumper. It can be done but just takes a bit of time for an OEM look.

From what i saw if i leave the bulky crash bar in place it will restrict a lot of the flow, i could easily change it for a smaller steel one.

From what i saw if i leave the bulky crash bar in place it will restrict a lot of the flow, i could easily change it for a smaller steel one.

If your core is mounted a long way forward then maybe it could be an issue......mine is probably 60-70mm back from the crash bar so it is relatively easy to duct from the underside of the crash bar to the top of the core in a slick, smooth curving fashion. Rubber matting, expanding foam and aluminium sheet all serve a purpose in my ducting in one way or another.

:) Jamie. I was $#@!ting bricks cutting into your bonnet:blink:

I'm gonna paint it though if thats ok?

Dave:) = (more money)

I recognise those style vents lol. ;) Looks good bud. Don't worry about the rain. Mine are just meshed too and i've had no problems in the 4-5yrs mine has been on.