JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea i think i will go with the red stitching, my Momo tuner steering wheel turned up yesterday and looks great in black with the red stitching.

No pics yet, im in my new house now but im on a vodafone mobile internet for the next couple of weeks and its slow as hell here:(

Dropped the car off to Lee last night, slight change of plan is that ive decided not to fit any cams now.:)

What's gonna open an close the valves? Leave a couple of hamsters in there? :D

Should be good to see the difference with the inlet plenum! :)

I was driving it yesterday and love the way it drives, its pretty much on boost whenever i want and goes very well, very flexible setup and im scared about losing that for the sake of th few extra bhp that cams will give it.

I will keep the jun cams for now as i want a spare engine, just undecided yet as to buy a built lump from the states or to get our Mr Wilson to build one, If i can find a good used unit then most probably go with CW:)

Don't be so daft! He's hired the rats from Jazz's car for that :D Any pics of the seats yet jamie?

Only went in yesterday:D its gonna be a couple of weeks mate, black leather on the bolsters, black suede on the centers and red stitching, door cards are also being done and im thinking of having the complete dash done as well but im going to see what it looks like when it comes back first.

Only two things changed on the car, alloy rad and the 02 feedback was put on, since then on cruise its lean and the egt's are very high, good for fuel economy but its boiling the engine bay, soon as i put my foot down a touch and it gets some fuel both AIT and EGT drop.

one question: how on earth did you manage to get that greddy intake mounted with the runners still on the head?

...and what kind of gasket did you use?

You have an original one mate, this is a revised version that can be fitted in two parts;)

Not much left to do now, interior retrim should be finished this week, he has done the front and rear seats and door cards and rear panels.

Its going back in a couple of weeks (after mapping) to get the complete dash board and center arm rest retrimed.

Wheels are with Ibrar at the min being refurbished and re chromed.

Then its just a repaint of the bodywork to get mint and powdercoat a few bits in the bay.

Will be like brand new for next years events:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

one question: how on earth did you manage to get that greddy intake mounted with the runners still on the head?

...and what kind of gasket did you use?

Not easy I can tell you! :) Use a stock gasket for the adaptor plate and the gasket that comes with it for the manifold, with silicone sealent on both sides. If you dont have the gasket you can get it from Greddy.

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)