The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bye, I'm off

Guest DevilsAdvocate

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very harsh comments given here. He may have a genuine reason.

I'd have thought owners club membership spirit would be better than this. I'm a little disappointed.

The only reason he's got is a distinct lack of attention.

Don't be disappointed, he wasn't really bringing anything to the club other than a few puzzled looks and some arguements.

Guest Nicholas
very harsh comments given here. He may have a genuine reason.

I'd have thought owners club membership spirit would be better than this. I'm a little disappointed.

If he had a genuine reason he would post his concerns not a thread about leaving.

IMO he's looking for attention and this is the wrong club for that.

Guest Nicholas
:offtopic: Out of order

Agreed
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_angry.gif
Niz does try hard and is improving his language skills. :)

That's it I've had enough! I'm leaving, you all taunt me :p in regards to my comments get over it, it's a bit of harmless fun!

Plus to be fair this is in off topic :)

in regards to my comments get over it, it's a bit of harmless fun!

Mate to be fair I wasn't having a go directly at you!

It just seems that certain people on here like jumping onto people's threads like Nizam's to take the piss out of how somebody talks or the questions they ask with no real relevance to the topic! If people don't like his or any other individuals posts then why do they feel the need to read them all and pass comments?

I have also lost count of the new members that have been pounced upon and torn to shreds for asking questions that may have already been asked or if they are really lucky and happen to be female need only wait 5 mins or so before being jumped on and asked the famous Hovis question.

All in all I thought we all joined - and all paid the same amount to join - a club for people who actually like owning a mkiv Supra and talking to other people who own them for friendship and advice?

Banter is one thing but having everyone of your threads ripped to pieces must get to somebody after a while.

Guest Nicholas

It just seems that certain people on here like jumping onto people's threads like Nizam's to take the piss out of how somebody talks or the questions they ask with no real relevance to the topic! If people don't like his or any other individuals posts then why do they feel the need to read them all and pass comments?

I have also lost count of the new members that have been pounced upon and torn to shreds for asking questions that may have already been asked or if they are really lucky and happen to be female need only wait 5 mins or so before being jumped on and asked the famous Hovis question.

All in all I thought we all joined - and all paid the same amount to join - a club for people who actually like owning a mkiv Supra and talking to other people who own them for friendship and advice?

Banter is one thing but having everyone of your threads ripped to pieces must get to somebody after a while.

I think you're being over sensitive here, to be fair it's extremely annoying when the majority of the foum sections are filled with not badly written posts but posts that make no sense what so ever!

It's also most annoying when people ask the same questions week in week out when there is a perfectly good seach system built into the forum.

At the end of the day this is a public forum and people can say whatever they want if you take offence at some of the harmless comments then maybe it's not the place for you. I myself treat it like water off a ducks back, it's a fun forum and the banter often has me in tears if we didn't have a laugh it would be rather boring imo.

:)

I think you're being over sensitive here, to be fair it's extremely annoying when the majority of the foum sections are filled with not badly written posts but posts that make no sense what so ever!

Totally agree with what you have said above, some peoples posts are very difficult to read because of their text style writing and no punctuation and the like.

At the same time it gets a bit frustrating if you have the slightest spelling mistake people rip the crap out of you. :blink:

IAt the end of the day this is a public forum and people can say whatever they want if you take offence at some of the harmless comments then maybe it's not the place for you. I myself treat it like water off a ducks back, it's a fun forum and the banter often has me in tears if we didn't have a laugh it would be rather boring imo.

Mate, none of the comments bother me in the slightest from a personal point of view, and I agree the banter is needed etc as it is funny - but to single people out is wrong

It's a bit different with Niz though. It's nothing to do with his bad English at all.

He's posted countless For Sale threads where he's selling stuff off a stupidly high prices. Gets upset when people tell him his prices are too high.

He's posted countless Wanted threads where he's asking for new stuff and offering stupidly low prices. Gets upset when people tell him he's offering too low a price or pointing him at the dealer section.

He's also butted in other sellers threads needlessly.

To top it all he starts asking questions and pays no heed to the answers. The boost gauge thread is one that particularly sticks in my mind.

I don't mind any newbie asking the occasional dumb question, FFS we all had to start somewhere but Niz wants to be spoonfed and have everything done for him.

And DA was just getting ribbed for being a windup merchant. :)

Guest Nicholas
Mate, none of the comments bother me in the slightest from a personal point of view, and I agree the banter is needed etc as it is funny - but to single people out is wrong

to be fair these people wouldn't be singled out if they didn't post complete rubbish time and time again though :)

to be fair these people wouldn't be singled out if they didn't post complete rubbish time and time again though :)

Nail - head.

IMO one of this clubs attributes is the witty and (dare I say it) intelligent banter between members. It's how the club was when I joined and it's how I think it should stay. The thing is, mkivsupra.net is an established entity. If a new member comes along and posts in an understandable and pleasent manner then they are never shot down. If they come on using txt speak the sooner that's stopped the better.

Nail - head.

IMO one of this clubs attributes is the witty and (dare I say it) intelligent banter between members. It's how the club was when I joined and it's how I think it should stay. The thing is, mkivsupra.net is an established entity. If a new member comes along and posts in an understandable and pleasent manner then they are never shot down. If they come on using txt speak the sooner that's stopped the better.

My summary....'If you can't be bothered to make a post which is readable, then why should I bother to reply....'

Tech is a particularly interesting one. Simply because you get some numptie coming on saying that want this mod and then when MULITPLE knowledgable people express opinions to the contrary they get shirty...

Well, if you post up stupidy, you will get it back.