The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Embarrasing things that happen in the gym....

Mike B

There are plenty of embarrasing things you can do in the gym.. and I've done most of them;

Fall off the bench,

Get stuck on a rep and need someone to peel it off,

Do a really loud fart what you are straining hard...,

press the wrong button on the machine which lands you stuck in the thing like a collapsed deck chair,

Yet tonight I have outdone myself; while suspended half in the air doing a reverse curl on a Pilates ball, the bloody thing burst.

Sat on my arse on top of a deflated rubber sack I felt like a right twazzock.

nice..... :)

Yet tonight I have outdone myself; while suspended half in the air doing a reverse curl on a Pilates ball, the bloody thing burst.

Where there's blame there's a claim :D only joking must have been over inflated lol!

Vicki x

when i first started the gym i went on the smith machine.this was on a sunday morning nice and quiet. i knew that back home on the weights bench i had i could lift 50kg so put 50kg on the smith machine. at this point i didnt realise the machine adds about another 25kg onto the overall weight.

so there i am just about to tilt the bar off the hooks then the force hit me! the bar came straight down on my chest and couldnt budge it. i stayed in this position for about 5minutes until the receptionist came around to open the back windows. i didnt wanna ask her for help but when it started to get a bit painfull i swallowed my pride and had to ask her to help me lift the thing off. was not a good first impression

LOL done most of them too.

I also have a habit of tripping and spilling cups of water, i have since bought a water bottle a few people at the gym call it my baby beaker :p

I also managed to snap a cable on a machine while in the middle of an excercise pinging me on to my back with my legs in the air like a giant turtle on its back :D

Ive seen some great ones,

Lads jump on the bench press load 100kgs on it and lift it off only to crush them "shouting get it off get it off"

More Lads seeing how fast they could run hitting the stop button thinking it will stop dead and it didnt.....

Lots of chavs use mine makes for funny things on a weekly basis.

My girlfriend was in the gym once and noticed as she was leaving that she had sweated so much she looked like she had wet herself, her jogging bottoms were a little damp;). That was kind of embarrasing and a bit minging too:D

Haha, these are great =)

My brother's friend "Donut" was on a treadmill without any sides, and while he was running decided to take his fleece off. He got it stuck over his head and while he couldn't see accidentally stepped off the side of the treadmill and ran into the weights room =)

I'd have paid lots of money to see that!

We had this Egyptian tennis coach who thought he was He-Man. More like She-Woman. Whatever somebody did he always had to be a weight heavier/a peg lower/pace faster. And did we all know it. Each rep was announced with a GRUNT!!! One day, he was on the free weights lifting the barbell from arms length upto shoulder height. Something must've possessed him cos he started loading it big time. Everybody is watching from the corner of the eyes as he CLANGS and GRUNTS the weights on upwards. Then there's this muffled 'Ooooohh!' and the sound of crashing barbell. The tennis coach is seen clutching his back and holding the railing. Amazingly he picks up the barbell and tries another rep!! 'AAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!' Gritting his teeth he hobbles off, sweat rolling down his face with each step. Never saw him again.

About a year ago, when is was doing som light weight traning (thank god!).

I was doing the free weight incline with the 25kg each.

During the exercise someone made my laugh. when I am under anykind off load, NO ONE should make me laugh, because I can't!

So instead a big chunk flew out my nose, onto my shoulder (still with the weights up)

I tryede to get it off with my head, but the strange possition made my shoulder give up, and the weights fell down. One on my chest, and the other arm, went the wrong way across my chest, and it made a "crack" in my shoulder....

Now I ALLWAYS wear my ipod during my traning...

Hope it is readable, with my grammar and spelling...

There are plenty of embarrasing things you can do in the gym.. and I've done most of them;

Fall off the bench,

Get stuck on a rep and need someone to peel it off,

Do a really loud fart what you are straining hard...,

press the wrong button on the machine which lands you stuck in the thing like a collapsed deck chair,

I bet you get some benefit from it though.... a toned body maybe?

Well done :D Must have been quite a moment.

I've come off a treadmill backwards into a mirror, then face planted back onto the still moving belt . A few friction burns to the cheek LOL

thats hardcore.

My girlfriend was in the gym once and noticed as she was leaving that she had sweated so much she looked like she had wet herself, her jogging bottoms were a little damp;). That was kind of embarrasing and a bit minging too:D

I had that, but I showed and changed my clothes and everything was fine.

We had this Egyptian tennis coach who thought he was He-Man. More like She-Woman. Whatever somebody did he always had to be a weight heavier/a peg lower/pace faster. And did we all know it. Each rep was announced with a GRUNT!!! One day, he was on the free weights lifting the barbell from arms length upto shoulder height. Something must've possessed him cos he started loading it big time. Everybody is watching from the corner of the eyes as he CLANGS and GRUNTS the weights on upwards. Then there's this muffled 'Ooooohh!' and the sound of crashing barbell. The tennis coach is seen clutching his back and holding the railing. Amazingly he picks up the barbell and tries another rep!! 'AAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!' Gritting his teeth he hobbles off, sweat rolling down his face with each step. Never saw him again.

wow, could be my alter ego.

i was at the gym once and on the treadmill and along comes a fine looking bird in the neighbouring treadmill. for some reason like the clown that i am, i had to up the speed to sprinting. so i was running quite fast and lost my footing only to fly backwards into a rack of weights and have them fall on me. it could have been serious!! needless to say i never went back to the GYM EVER AGAIN!

Over 3 and a half year's of training i havnt seen any accidents apart from trying to lift to much weight and they end up Dropping the bar on themselves. There was a guy who used to come in, Big guy compared to me he has a bald head and a tag on his anckle. Anyways he's so good he walks on the treadmill backward, Then when benching he trys to get someone to spin the discs while he is lifting the bar?? And in the bag room on his own he starts actually kicking off with a bag i heard him " Come on then" and "what are you looking at". he wheres a big bike chain around his neck and somtimes covers his face with talcum powder, When he is running on the treadmill the lock on the bike chain always just skims his face. Why??

Over 3 and a half year's of training i havnt seen any accidents apart from trying to lift to much weight and they end up Dropping the bar on themselves. There was a guy who used to come in, Big guy compared to me he has a bald head and a tag on his anckle. Anyways he's so good he walks on the treadmill backward, Then when benching he trys to get someone to spin the discs while he is lifting the bar?? And in the bag room on his own he starts actually kicking off with a bag i heard him " Come on then" and "what are you looking at". he wheres a big bike chain around his neck and somtimes covers his face with talcum powder, When he is running on the treadmill the lock on the bike chain always just skims his face. Why??

he sounds like a scary man!!!

I couldn't make that up if I tried!!!