The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED Dash Conversions, LED Rear Lights

heckler

hey

I havent made any lights for that car... Yup, can do double rings. Are the PIAA fog lights part of the clusters i.e. bulbs?

Piaa fog lights are part of the Cluster, just while I have you

I wanted to do a white LED dash instrument lights to suit the defi guages but with the TRD tach a white to amber to red transition(to suit the Tach color setup, I will post a pic so you know what i mean)

I am sure you have done it, will white work?

TRD TACH

http://www.supraturbo.com/trd-tach136.JPG

The inner two red lights are the PIAA

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=13034&d=1223060769

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got ya - I can do the dash as you say, but I would need the whole dash cluster to do it.

Can do rear light but retain the PIAA fogs, but think it would look odd (personally - but customer is ALWAYS right ;))

DASH

Would it be possible you supply the LED's/resistors soldered and I can solder to the dash myself, I presume just follow your write up

Do the same for the heater matrix

If you have a price materials delivered to Dublin Ireland or do I just use your Ebay supplier?

Rear Lights

Either look odd or loose the PIAA fog lights.. hmmm, have to think about it, will see how it is hooked up

DASH

Would it be possible you supply the LED's/resistors soldered and I can solder to the dash myself, I presume just follow your write up

Do the same for the heater matrix

If you have a price materials delivered to Dublin Ireland or do I just use your Ebay supplier?

[/Quote]

For the dials part, the write up will be different for what you are asking, as 2 extra LED will need to be added for the amber and red parts of the tacho, personally, if was doing this to mine, I would use PCB's as it much easier to get the amber/red LED's in - I have done a few of these - this way I can make the PCB's and you can fit them.

For everything else, yes I can supply them, and the instructions will work for them.

Rear Lights

Either look odd or loose the PIAA fog lights.. hmmm, have to think about it, will see how it is hooked up

Can probably photo chop a rough look to see what you think?

For the dials part, the write up will be different for what you are asking, as 2 extra LED will need to be added for the amber and red parts of the tacho, personally, if was doing this to mine, I would use PCB's as it much easier to get the amber/red LED's in - I have done a few of these - this way I can make the PCB's and you can fit them.

For everything else, yes I can supply them, and the instructions will work for them.

Can probably photo chop a rough look to see what you think?

Cool thanks, so PCBs are plug and plug even better

Let me know prices when you get a chance

Cool thanks, so PCBs are plug and plug even better

Let me know prices when you get a chance

PCB's - they sit behind the dials - you may need to remove the dials (as a whole) to slot the PCB's in. They take the power from the bulb holders.

Only down side is the cost £60 for the PCBs with LEDs/resistors etc...

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.