The mkiv Supra Owners Club

house selling and a good offer??

tucky40

Hi all,

Just selling my house and ive just had a third offer from the same potential buyer. The house is on for £235000

Obviously she started low......10% below asking price then she incresed by £5000 and now shes come back with another £5000 increase on the offer.

She's now offering about 6.5% below asking price. £220000 vs £235000.

I've told her i want £225000 minimum so shes coming back for a 3rd viewing on monday and im not sure of her intentions for doing this. I hope its a good sign!!

I understand times are hard and i want to be realistic but what would you guys think is a realistic price for me to settle on......i dont wanna lose her and she is a cash buyer. Am i pushing my luck looking for £225000.

Any advice from any property experts?? Btw the house is immaculate and there isnt really any reason for her to knock the price down other than the current situation with the market.

Ben

Are you after a quick sale and got your eye on another place already? If so then I'd take whatever she offers on Monday if it's really all cash.

The market is going to get worse and I reckon repossessions are going to shoot due the rising cost of living. Currently prices are dropping around 1% a month so your house value is dropping 2-2.3k a month.

the woman selling the house i bought said she wouldnt go lower than 95% the asking price so i offered 75%. i ended up getting it for 80%. not sure what situation you are in but she had to sell the house as soon as she could. if youve got time on your hands then hold out for more money although the longer you hold out the worse the market could get

I think that she wants the house but also wants a bargain. Play on the fact that you have dropped it 10k and that is an awful lot of money to you.....!!

Trust me, she'll buy it for £225K......;)

Obviously I am a bit of a tw@t and would tell you that I can't make my mind up between yours and another house at £215K.

My house was up for £84K 8 years ago and the woman was widowed and all her children had left home, she was moving in with her daughter so it was just cash n the bank to her. I got the house for £62K in the end.......:D;)

H.

thanks for the advice guys.......its actually only been on for a week and a half. Another viewer today so lots of interest.

Not looking at buying so i dont need to do any hunting......just looking to rent till the market sorts itself out.

i think ill try the 225000 with her.......if she doesnt bite then maybe consider her last offer. i dont feel there is a huge rush as its just gone on the market. Also i dont want it to sit on the market for ages as it'll be losing value as you've said.

:D

take it m8

mine's been on market for 4 months no offers at all.

dropped price by 20000 (-5,5percent) - still no offers; causing serious delay to my overseas planned departure - market can only get worse as its a deliberate government tactic.

I would love to have an offer to consider :(

Rich

sorry to hear that rich......

did you put the house on at the price it got valued at?? i know there have been alot of people who have not taken the estate agents advice and put the house on higher then valued and in turn cannot sell.

sorry to hear that rich......

did you put the house on at the price it got valued at?? i know there have been alot of people who have not taken the estate agents advice and put the house on higher then valued and in turn cannot sell.

no m8 as valued by the first agent -they were useless; now changed and at lower price (as per their valuation). My property is a bit unique being 5 beds etc so getting value right is not easy.

Well see what happens -I can lower but I have a specific/pound to dollar traget I dont want to fall below :) I am not buying again In UK =money will be deposited until we find suitable alternative in Costa Rica but no rush there.

Rich

calial did u buy in surrey?? thinking of moving that way.

Unfortunately not. I've lived in Epsom, Surrey all my life and absolutely loved it, but with the money I had to spend I would be looking at a very nice 2 bedroom flat or an ex-council house. With one 5 year old daughter and plans for another in the next 2 years I decided to move to Wokingham, Berkshire where I have a just brought a lovely 3 bedroom house.

If you can afford to move to the right part of Surrey then go for. I hope to move back someday.

wokingham is lovely and has a very good reputation, i remember an article about a year ago stating it was in the top 3 places to live in the uk.

Dont know woosehill too well.

wokingham is well positioned for shopping in bracknell and reading, they did up a fair few of the pubs about 5 years ago so its great for an evening drink too.

Great indian next to the post office.

Just outside Horsham mate - 2nd best place to live in the uk according to Channel 4 a couple of years ago :D It's a nice quiet town but still close to bigger places like brighton, guildford, crawley etc and only an hour from London.

However, it's 40 odd miles from Heathrow mate so bit far I suspect.