The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Slow people in the fast lane, speed camera noobs too

johnd-mkiv

Cant work some people out im driving home tonight in the out side lane doing 40mph in a 40 zone i then come up to a micra doing 30mph in the out side lane with nothing on the inside, I sit behind her for a bit thinking she has not realised, but no carrys on in the outside lane :wtf: only when aproaching a speed camera at the last minute she pulls over :rolleyes: I smoothly pull along side her to see her giving me the wnaker sign (:shock: im the one in the wrong???) at this point she gave me the hump, I considered my self to be in credit for getting that sign so desided to wave back untill the white marker lines had finnished then drop it from 4th into second blow her a kiss and light the wheels up driving off :Pling:

I get this all the time when driving the supra, with some people boxing me in untill a speed camera aproaches then pull in at the last minute :rolleyes:

Having passed my test abroad and only living in the UK for three years, I have to admit that I haven't seen as many ignorant drivers as here. The amount of people cruising in the middle lane on an empty motorway just drives me mental. I remember being brainwashed by my driving instructor about motorway overtaking, is it something that is not emphasised enough here? :search:

Having passed my test abroad and only living in the UK for three years, I have to admit that I haven't seen as many ignorant drivers as here. The amount of people cruising in the middle lane on an empty motorway just drives me mental. I remember being brainwashed by my driving instructor about motorway overtaking, is it something that is not emphasised enough here? :search:

Amazingly there's no practical driving tuition for the motorway in this country, unless you take a Pass Plus (just to get cheaper insurance) and that's only for an hour or two :rolleyes:

Although I turned out to be an excellent motorway driver

There's no motorway driving instruction in the UK test which, IMO is part of the problem. L-drivers are not even allowed on them.

I get this all the time when driving the supra, with some people boxing me in untill a speed camera aproaches then pull in at the last minute :rolleyes:

I have experienced this several times and have come to the conclusion it is simply "camera baiting" .....

It's a type of car thing :(

When i'm out in the Supra i prepare myself for other drivers pulling out in front of me, heading straight at me when over taking parked cars, jumping into the outside lane in front of me, undertaking in traffic to get in front, baiting near speed camera, tail gateing whilst recording with mobile phone and generally crap driving skills :(

They actually think i'm going to race something that can't even keep up in 4th gear never mind keeping pulling at 150 :)

It's so different when i'm out in my S class merc, cars pull into middle lane, drivers let me through gaps first.

All so different, why?

Well I seem to get the opposite. When I was in the supra I was always let out at junctions, had cars pull over to let me pass, but in a Mondeo it's completely different. It might be down to how you present yourself on the road? who knows!

Yeah, in the Supra i get folks waving, smiling and laughing, occasional jealous remark or chav revving the engine at the lights but on the whole good reponses :)

I reckon every kid I see from 5 yrs old to 15 say "nice car mate" or words to that effect, doesn't matter if they're stood in a group or whatever, I never get any grief in the Supe, only admiration

It's probably an area thing, i think the driving standard around my way is very aggressive, un-courteous and just thick sometimes :)

Parking skills are null and void :)

People park opposite junctions, right up to junction points making pulling out onto main rounds quite difficult sometimes.

When overtaking parked cars most drivers around were i live don't know how wide their car if because the want 6 foot between them and the parked vehicle :)

I know you should go by parked vehicle clipping door mirrors and driving instructs say leave room for doors opening but if nobodies in the car who's going to open the door :)

Rant and moan over :)

Can we add people who hit the brakes when they drive into a rain shower on a motorway to the list of annoyances on our roads?

With regards to people cutting you up or pulling out of junctions in front of you, it sounds like you have the same spec of 'stealth' supra as myself. Maybe we clean our cars so much that people can no longer see them?

Where I live I get a mixed bag of reactions and its isnt specific to groups of drivers (e.g. chavs, blue rinse brigade, totty, etc).

When exiting a junction I sometimes get let out and given a thumbs up, sometimes people (generally 4x4 owners) speed up to close a gap Im thinking of slipping into. On DCW/Motorways I have people tailgate me so close there is no way they'd stop intime if I had to slam on the anchors, sometimes I get knobs flashing me out the way despite the fact I have traffic in front of me lol. I've had people look in their rear view mirror and then swerve into the inner lane as if they fear my car is about to consume and digest them.

Basically, there are good attentive curteous drivers and the rest are ignorant pricks who shouldnt be allowed on the road.

The thing that drives me mad is usually with women of all ages and old men, when approaching roundabouts they dont have the abilty to just have a quick look for anything coming then keep going, even if theres not a car for miles, they have to stop and sit for ages waiting really drives me insane. Another one is women on motorways overtaking,they seem to be scared to go over 70 so when they overtake anything they sit about 72 for miles with huge tailbacks behind them. I have loads more rants about women drivers but theres not enough room for them all lol. ps no offensive to women on here if you drive a supra im sure your all good drivers.