The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS T04z v Garrett T04z?

JamieP

The HKS one has anti reversion holes in the inducer for the compressor wheel. Personally I'd get the Garrett one, at least spares are here in the UK, and you can play with housing sizes without finding HKS have had something odd made to stop you sourcing genuine Garrett bits that'll fit.

The HKS one has anti reversion holes in the inducer for the compressor wheel.

Isn't that just an option? Can't you get the Garret version with the anti-surge housing too? I've heard it affects spool so why you'd want to it is another matter:search:

Depends on the manifold.

My PHR Stage 1 has a divided housing but the cast manifolds are not.

Hks manifold.

These are my choices with the turbo specs, (thanks for the info Nic)

HKS T-04Z

Garrett T-04Z

Turbine

-Wheel: 74.2mm w/ 76 trim

-Divided Housing available A/R: .70, .84, 1.00, 1.15, 1.32, 1.59

-Undivided Housing available A/R: .61 and .70

Compressor

-Wheel: 84.0mm exd./66.7mm ind w/ 63 trim

-Housing: 0.70 A/R

The HKS one has anti reversion holes in the inducer for the compressor wheel. Personally I'd get the Garrett one, at least spares are here in the UK, and you can play with housing sizes without finding HKS have had something odd made to stop you sourcing genuine Garrett bits that'll fit.

Garrett make the HKS T-04Z turbos, from what I can tell the specs are exactly the same as the Garrett T-04Z. The Garrett T-04Z is also available with an anti-surge housing.

Can you confirm that the wastegate is plumbed back in the downpipe as the pic of the kit you sent me please Nic?

Yes all the HKS kits plumb the wastegate back into the down pipe, in fact I don't know of any Japanese branded kits that don't.

Here is a pic of the HKS T-04Z kit (not all parts shown).

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/421/11003at001jza80t04zturbtl2.jpg

Thanks, i will make a decision in the next few days also can you let me know my options on drop in injectors around 800's.

Power Enterprise 800cc injectors (Side Feed/High Impedance) would be my choice, as they are a straight swap for the stock J-spec injectors.