The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My VVTI GT35R Single Conversion

MarkR

I wanted to do it once properly so went with what I thought were pretty top end parts.

Wise words :thumbs:

Get it properly mapped at sensible boost levels, ie. not try to squeeze every last hp out of it and you should end up with a VERY fun and reliable motor. :cool:

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mark,

Build is coming along nice mate, any idea's of completion??

Where did you get your clutch from mate, looking to order one up today for my build, and how much was it??

Pm me if you like??

Cheers

I was hoping for Monday but Ryan has a backlog so I can't get it mapped yet :( He's going to send me a base map to drive in the clutch and then when he gets a spare day we'll map it. Most of the work is now done.

I bought the clutch from Southbends website. With postage and customs it was just over 500 quid.

Looking good Mark :thumbs:

You're going to love it when it's complete, I can still remember the insane grin it gave me when I opened mine up for the first time :looney:

I can't wait :) Good to see you back Nic :thumbs: Please send me a price on a Defi BF Boost gauge (in bar) with white illumination. Ta

Wise words :thumbs:

Get it properly mapped at sensible boost levels, ie. not try to squeeze every last hp out of it and you should end up with a VERY fun and reliable motor. :cool:

Yup, that's what I want. I'm not after bragging rights or I would have bought a bigger turbo :) I want response, driveability and reliability.

I'm so excited now :) Really looking forward to getting it back.

Yup, that's what I want. I'm not after bragging rights or I would have bought a bigger turbo :) I want response, driveability and reliability.

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed :thumbs:

I'm so excited now :) Really looking forward to getting it back.

Get a passenger to video you when you open it up for the first time, I guarantee you'll have a huge grin on your face and a few choice expletives for the camera!

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed :thumbs:

Get a passenger to video you when you open it up for the first time, I guarantee you'll have a huge grin on your face and a few choice expletives for the camera!

Okay, I'll get a boost gauge from Paul.

I'll have to remember to take a video camera :) I'll be so excited I'll probably forget how to drive...

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome mate - I bet you can't wait. What sort of boost are you planning on running?

Not entirely sure yet. I guess I'll take Ryan's recommendation, but I'd guess at 1.5'ish? I don't want to run on the ragged edge, so I'll take it easy at first.

After seeing this in the flesh 2 weeks ago i cant wait to hear how it performs after Ryans worked with it - top build fella ;)

Ta Jamesy, I'm having the EGT and Defi's wired in today and then it's ready to get cranked over for the first time. We'll do a compression test and make sure it's all ready for Ryan next week.

The WI indicator LED has been mounted in the dash where the Cat overheat LED usually is, seeing as my car never had the sensor in the first place. It has a picture of a cat with a lightning bolt through it. Pics to follow....

The boost gauge has been mounted in the right hand air vent. I don't use the 2 air vents anyway as they dry out my contact lenses and then I can't see where I'm going :)

The WI indicator LED has been mounted in the dash where the Cat overheat LED usually is, seeing as my car never had the sensor in the first place. It has a picture of a cat with a lightning bolt through it. Pics to follow....

same here, except I had a new strip made up which replaces the picture of the cat with "WI" in blue ;)