Another 'What car should I get?'

marc_p

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who was that with out of interest?

Yeah the Porsche should be a bit lower I got quoted £550 on an 964 Turbo! My RZ insurance was £1080!

That was on an Admiral policy at 22 with 5 Years NCB and a Low risk postcode (i live in the middle of nowhere)

By the way, just so I understand you correctly.

You are planning on still keeping the supe and potentially having a porsche as well?

If so..why??

So I can potter on the supe without needing it for transport.

EDIT: I also seem to lack the ability to sell a car that I like. But realistically it would need to go as I will have the civic ready that I could use everyday.

That was on an Admiral policy at 22 with 5 Years NCB and a Low risk postcode (i live in the middle of nowhere)

will give them a shout I have same NCB and at 24 should be better than the quotes I have been getting. Best so far was with Adrian Flux for £1200 Fully comp

If you can afford it, go for it, you're a long time dead.

I'd probably go for the lotus, the rest are just to obvious. Or a noble perhaps.

Plenty of time for houses when the market settles down, chances are you'll have to grow up fast and there won't be room in a sensible head for that type of car. Enjoy it now!

I'd rather have no supra and turn up in a viper than have a supra and turn up in a porsche :D

Obviously after the reunion I'd sell up and get the supe back again.:eyebrows:

Naa being realistic the supra would have to go for whatever I got but I just love it too much, but I doubt an N/A would be worth that much :D

I think I'd rather spend 5k on a TT engine, some nice brakes and coilovers and a fresh lick of paint now though. (although in an hour I will change my mind again)

Well if the folks are helping with a large house deposit you are already one step ahead of the game so if you have £20k to have fun with now do it :)

If it was me i would get a caterham or similar great fun for the weekends although not particulalrly flashy.

Well if the folks are helping with a large house deposit you are already one step ahead of the game so if you have £20k to have fun with now do it :)

If it was me i would get a caterham or similar great fun for the weekends although not particulalrly flashy.

Check my garage;)

EDIT: It is my dad's but I can and do use it on trackday's.

Basically I will be looking to spend around 20k give or take 4k On something that won't lose value as quickly as the supe:d.

What do you do to have £20k to spend on a 3rd car at the age of 21? :blink:

There would be a 10k loan involved aswell, but I'm thinking now that once the civic has been finished I might get a nice manual TT.

This is the problem I change my mind day to day.

I had a £3k loan when I went mortgage hunting, and it restricted what I could borrow for a house by about £20-25k. Worth bearing in mind if you're serious about buying property in the not too distant future?

Personally I'd be more than happy to have a 3 litre car at 21, and would just rock up in that to the school reunion. I already get quite a few "penis extension" jokes from old school mates when they hear I'm driving a Supra, let alone a Porsche/TVR/Exige etc. I'd save the money for buying the house later.

I have thought about that, it is another option, but where I live it's all small and twisty country roads so all out speed is not really top of my agenda.

tbh if you think that then you havent driven your car right.

The supra handles the road fantastically well even in the wet

What do you do to have £20k to spend on a 3rd car at the age of 21? :blink:

I do sales and marketing for a financial/procurement software company.

I had a £3k loan when I went mortgage hunting, and it restricted what I could borrow for a house by about £20-25k. Worth bearing in mind if you're serious about buying property in the not too distant future?

The car would be sold and the loan paid off when the time came to get a house.

Personally I'd be more than happy to have a 3 litre car at 21, and would just rock up in that to the school reunion. I already get quite a few "penis extension" jokes from old school mates when they hear I'm driving a Supra, let alone a Porsche/TVR/Exige etc. I'd save the money for buying the house later.

The thing is, I went to a school where everyone had everything bought for them by mummy and daddy, I had to get my money myself, so I was working while they were partying, then in sixthform there parents were buying them brand new flashy cars and my parent's didn't have the money so I bought my first car myself and the insurance/petrol. I was allways looked down on by the 'rich kids', I wasn't amazingly smart when it came to exam's, everyone assumed (including most teachers) that I would amount to nothing, so I feel that I want to prove them wrong.

Onto my first house, because my parents are wanting to move down south and my career and freinds are all up north they said they will match whatever I get a mortgage for, i.e. I get a £200,000 house they will give me £100,000 AS A LOAN, I have to give them it back, it's just to help me get on the property ladder seeing as they have made roughly £1.25m from the house, it's taken a lot of heartache and 12 years but it's nearly done, most impressive is the fact is was bought for £140,000. I know that sounds like the mummy and daddy kids but I have to give it back and it's just a goodwill gesture for me helping them a lot with it aswell.