The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bay abuse!

Scoboblio

I always threaten to break the legs of anyone I see walking away from a car parked in a disabled bay. It's just another sign of how f'kin lazy, ignorant & selfish the herd has become.

Totally unnecessary!!!!

When you get to the car park of the local Tescos at say, 2.30 in the morning(open 24 hour), and the car park is empty......Ive parked in the disabled bays...(Which actually (combined with parent and toddler bays)outnumber the rest......!!!!!)

Ive been moaned at twice for it, and IMHO people need to get a life, gain some perspective and look at individual cases before harping on about right and wrong. There's wrong and there's wrong!! am I right?

Common sense should prevail.

I don't park there when it's busy, today for example went to Asda and out of approximately 50 disabled bays there were maybe 35-40 taken up by cars, I parked down the side of the shop instead, with 2 cars annoyingly parked VERY close to me when I came out :complain: .

I do park there if there are less cars though, for a start there are no sgns AT ALL to say diabled badge holders only (threat of clamping is a different story!), only the painted wheelchair on the ground - so technically I'm not doing anything wrong - just being an arrogant git!

If anyone touches my car for parking there they would definitely need a disabled bay!!

recently been made redundent and had to go to job centre after an interview,

parked out the back of job centre covering 2 spaces so door didnt get dented. 50 or 60 free spaces amost know one in at all in free car park, guess what, got a 50 quid ticket for not parking correctly, conclusion, dont take a supra any where . :thumbdown or it will get dented by some jackass.

appealing at moment with trusty phone camera pics. :complain:

TT steve.

I never park in disabled bays... if the car park's empty then there's plenty of spaces... if it's busy then A: I don't want to take up the space of someone who may be in a wheelchair and B: I don't want my car keyed or damaged because someone feels like taking revenge.

Yes, some car parks do have far to many disabled / parent and child / etc etc etc spaces... but I'll still obey them.

And isn't it nice to see a long deceased thread come back to life :D

must agree with CJ, i never would park in a disabled bay, not even for a short while

Nor would I - just can't understand the selfish attitude, same with mother and child spaces.

Get your car scratched by an "accidentally" drifting trolly and count the cost of arrogance at your leisure.

:yeahthat: even at night when it's busy, it's only another 10m or so to the non-disabled spaces! luckily so far i've not had too many probs in supermarket car parks, you do get the odd git who thinks it's acceptable to rest his door on your car when they're gettin out, they soon find out it's not when i start shouting!

i don't however agree with people gettin fines for takin up 2 spaces when it's not busy, common sense should definately prevail!

!

I got in an argument with an old lady the other day at 7:45 ... 15 mins till close at saisburys who said I should NEVR park there. I informed her that If 40 disabled people turn up in the next 15 minutes I will give her the keys to my car.

:thanks:

PMSL :D :clap:

The Tesco in Borehamwood is exactly like that about 30 bays at least and only ever see about two cars parked in them at any one time...I always park In Mother and Baby spaces if I can..why dont they just make the spaces bigger...they just assume we all drive Nissan Micras..I tyhink its a European thing... :shrug:

Seems to get worse in Spain and France...like you drive into their equivelent of an NCP and it starts winding its way into the ground like a cork screw..and gets increasingly narrow all the time and the kerbs get higher and closer...and then some t@sser in a Seat comes up behind you hooting frantically so you cant even reverse up the cork screw if you want to..and your alloys or sideskirts are doomed lol :thumbdown :complain:

Got to say, if you realised how pissed off harrassed young mums get when arrogant blokes park in designated parent and toddler spaces, you wouldn't do it. Trolleys, wildly thrown open car doors and Supras don't go together in my book - I'd never risk it. That goes double for disabled bays. (admittedly some supermarkets do have a ridiculous number of disabled bays, though) Some of you guys are just asking to get your cars scratched.

:looney:

I never park in disabled bays for that reason...but Mother and Toddler bays I have done if its not too busy...I dont see the point as they are normally the careless culprits who scratch the cars by letting their offspring whack their 'People Carrier' door on ya car and think nothing of it.

Had so many scratches over the years and really careless people that will really give your car a 'whack' with their car door and think nothing of it..then you get the ones who do it on purpose..they are normally the blokes who have 6 kids (Im going to upset someone I'm sure lol) and they take it out on you coz they couldn't work out how to stick a condom on or encourage their g/f onto the pill..and so they waived any chance of buying a nice motor..

owness should really be put on Tesco, Sainsburys etc so....Disabled people get their parking, Mothers and babys have their slots for ferrying their coach load of kids everywhere with them...and the 'Majority' of us get bigger spaces.

I have also parked in Mother and Toddler bays often purely coz in one Supermarket near me the Car Park actually does get solid at certain times of the day and I have no choice..as there aint anywhere else to park and I need to get my shopping as much as the next person...so bollox he he.

:giveup:

:complain: