The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bay abuse!

Scoboblio

My local Asda has huge lumps of orange plastic on the disabled bays, as the car drives over it a speaker asks you if you are really disabled - I've not parked in them myself but I hear them going off all the time while a perfectly able chap scoots inside hoping nobody has seen him :)

Mother and child spaces are fair game but I won't park in a disabled space.

"The company says it has commissioned research into why disabled parking spaces are abused. "

Why do they need to do research? how more obvious could it be?

1)spaces are right outside the store

2)they are big enough to allow you to open your door properly and get in/out & shopping in.

3)They are always some spare.

What gets me is that a lot of the folks with disabled badges seem perfectly able to walk around a massive store and push a trolley about.

I saw a guy dangerously park his Transit pickup, complete with disabled permit, on double yellow lines in a side road but very near the junction. He got out of the Tranny and RAN up the the road, round the corner and into the local pub!

I always use them because at my Sainsburys there are like 30 of them! and only ever 2 cars parked in them.

I have also had my door smashed to pieces before So if anyone has something to say I ask them if they will front the bill when my car is damaged in a normal bay!

They normally go quiet then!

I got in an argument with an old lady the other day at 7:45 ... 15 mins till close at saisburys who said I should NEVR park there. I informed her that If 40 disabled people turn up in the next 15 minutes I will give her the keys to my car.

:thanks:

I park in disabled bay every night at Tesco (i'm a night manager) and there is no way i'm gonna leave the supe outside allnight halfway down the carpark. But then there are always disabled spaces free.

One guy parked next to me and complained saying when i'm older I would be like him so should respect the spaces I replied when i am his age i won't be a moaning old bastard :taped:

I'm disabled (chronic arthritis) :( and have had a disabled badge for 2 or 3 years now. When I go up the local ASDA I usually have to park at the other end of the car park if I do manage to get a space I get lots of abuse off people who think I'm OK ( only 40) just cos I drive a supe!

Perhaps I could get me one of those little blue cars like in the old days.

My friend who has cancer in the spine and is in a wheelchair used to get funny looks as well when he pulled up in his 200SX until he got his wheel-chair out. Personally I think the child spaces should be at far ends of car parks so all the little obese kids get some exercise before and after buying thier additive laden ready meals. :devil:

Si

• 5 months later...

I ALWAYS use the Disabled spaces at Tescos and Sainsburys in Bury (if im in the Supra) Parent and child spaces are even better (Much wider)

The other spaces are too narrow, and F ing miles away

(Read: lazy g1t)

Is there no discrimination against "normal" people

By the way I dont mean Disabled people are "ab"normal or anything, just .....whatever)

My Dad was severely disabled and it used to rile the f*ck out of me / us whenever we tried to park somewhere and able bodied people had taken the reserved spaces. IMHO, having a wide doored car or being too lazy to walk to the store front is a piss poor excuse.

agree with CJ here, my Dad is in a wheelchair, and it is so very frustrating when able bodied peeps with no issues take up the spaces. He did however used to rile the funk out of people when he parked his Porsche in a disabled bay. Someone once came over and said, as he was getting into his chair that he couldn't really be disabled, as disabled people can't afford nice cars!!

IMO a lot of car parks go well over the top on the number of disabled parking spaces. Most of the time only half of them are used....or is it only me??
Nope. The building I work in has one disabled employee but eight disabled parking bays. We have 300 folks working here and only 200 parking spaces.

Local Authority planning guidelines will dictate the number of total spaces and disabled bays. Planners will always restrict the number of bays to less than the total users of a building to promote use of public transport (As if...)

Got to say, if you realised how pissed off harrassed young mums get when arrogant blokes park in designated parent and toddler spaces, you wouldn't do it. Trolleys, wildly thrown open car doors and Supras don't go together in my book - I'd never risk it. That goes double for disabled bays. (admittedly some supermarkets do have a ridiculous number of disabled bays, though) Some of you guys are just asking to get your cars scratched.

:looney: