The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tha Battle for Supremacy of the Nurburgring just got Hotter....

Soop Dogg

Wasnt there a green supra that did the ring a few times :search:

Not sure if he was a member though.

George (aka Kermit because his Supra is bright green (and black)) - his son shares the car and has done a 7:5X (7:54 I think). That is a 500bhp single.

AJI laps in 8:3X in his BPU TT, Bobbeh I think does it about the same.

Bignum has done a 9:00 in his BPU TT, may have been faster I'm not sure.

I did 9:30ish laps in my Stock TT, might have been faster but I don't usually time laps, certainly did a 9:30 though. This year should be quicker, as I have a single - I don't expect to break any records though as I'm too scared of denting it! :)

I wasnt as quick as Arons when I went and he's been back again and lapped faster... I think at best I may have scraped under a 9 min mark but nothing timed other than looking at video etc.

Quickest Supra is the Blitz one that did a 7.4X time years ago.

Dont really like the look of that ZR1, I prefer the Z06 body... but damn good numbers there :)

"safety and communications equipment"

so that includes under saftey some kind of ceramic/carbon brake set up and a extra 200hp incase of trouble :) :) :)

Eh?

The ZR1 has Carbon Ceramic brakes as standard.

I guess you were joking about the extra 200bhp?

:)

Oh - nice new wheels on the Supe, Ian! Suits them. :thumbs:

Impressive stuff, how much is the ZR1

In the US I believe the list price will be about $105,000. In Europe I think it will be about £75,000 at best.

HOWEVER, in the first year of production, the word is that you'll be lucky to get hold of one for anywhere near the list price! It probably won't be that much different in Europe.

How much are new Z06's selling for here ? Last time I wandered past the Chevy dealer in park lane they wanted £50k for a C6 convertible!

A new Z06 is just over £60k here.(Although deals have been done at about £58k recently) A good used one (about 2 years old) is a little over £40k on average from a dealer. (I looked at 2 today.)

Still a lot for your money though.

As regards the C6 Convertible, I was told today that a base model was about mid to high £40k's, but if you want the handling pack or any of the extras, (even metallic paint) that all goes on top, so many come out as well into the £50k's.

Why do people say that?

It's shorter than a Supra and only about 7 inches wider. Hardly enormous!

Yep, about 6" longer and 2" wider than a 911 (997)

This was done deliberately with the C6 to 'Europeaise' the Corvette - they used the 911 as the benchmark as they saw it as their main competitor.

*EDIT* - Got that all wrong actually.

The C6 Corvette is 1.4" wider and 0.3" longer - so not much bigger than a 911 at all.

Relative to the MKIV Supra, the C6 is 1.3" wider and 3.1" shorter

It's probably a spacial awareness thing when you drive one. You're suddenly on the wrong side of the car and it's more difficult to get a feel for where the corners of the car are from an unfamiliar position. The tendancy is then to over-estimate the size to make sure you don't hit anything!