The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Catch Tank Install?

JamesArup

Evening all,

Okay, I'm fairly satisfied that I have used the 'SEARCH' button on here (and SupraForums) and not found the answer to this, so please don't kill me :D

I got a shiney oil catch tank (it was cheap, and I'm a sucka for shiney stuff! :read: ). I'm not so worried about finding a location for it, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. BUT ... I have no idea where to plumb it in? Where do I put the pipe(s)? Does anyone have any pictures of where the pipes need to go. It's all very well saying that you need to plumb it into the intake doohicky, just next to the flux-capacitor manifold etc etc .... but I suffer from 'extreme numptiness' when it comes to the names of bits in the engine :innocent: ! So any pics would be awesome! :thumbs:

I've attached a pic of the kit if it helps? The can itself has 2 'connectors' ontop?

Cheers, J

catchtank.jpg

Evening all,

Okay, I'm fairly satisfied that I have used the 'SEARCH' button on here (and SupraForums) and not found the answer to this, so please don't kill me :D

I got a shiney oil catch tank (it was cheap, and I'm a sucka for shiney stuff! :read: ). I'm not so worried about finding a location for it, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. BUT ... I have no idea where to plumb it in? Where do I put the pipe(s)? Does anyone have any pictures of where the pipes need to go. It's all very well saying that you need to plumb it into the intake doohicky, just next to the flux-capacitor manifold etc etc .... but I suffer from 'extreme numptiness' when it comes to the names of bits in the engine :innocent: ! So any pics would be awesome! :thumbs:

I've attached a pic of the kit if it helps? The can itself has 2 'connectors' ontop?

Cheers, J

hey - i'm in the same situation, not much help though - nice watch by the way

:looney:

Ahhhh, cool .... cheers! :thumbs:

So is that saying to take the short pipe off there and plug it up to one of the catch tank 'inputs', and then plug the hose that came with the catch tank onto the other catch tank 'input' and into the point where the short hose originally went to?

Did that make sense :who: :looney:

Cheers, J :D

• 4 months later...

Oh depends on what model/make you get, I have a GReddy one which are quite big, you can get small Mocal ones though. It wont fit there with stock air box. I have seen some mounted near the bulk head drivers side near brake servo if you DONT have Cruise control. Or done underneath the IC pipe. Not much room is there!

Oh depends on what model/make you get, I have a GReddy one which are quite big, you can get small Mocal ones though. It wont fit there with stock air box. I have seen some mounted near the bulk head drivers side near brake servo if you DONT have Cruise control. Or done underneath the IC pipe. Not much room is there!

You got it ok then ;)

Just purchased a Greddy one. I was hoping to fit it where the Carbon Canister sits and chuck that shit out? :)

Ohh by the way, does anyone know where I can get the bracket, bolts etc to fit the Greddy catch tank? Cant find the whole fitting kit anywhere.. :(

Markie i belive MVP do the fitting kits

James where did you get the catch tank from looks like a nice one any more piccys

How about relocating the battery to the boot thats where iam thinking of putting it or the having a polished tank made up for the header tank