The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heartburn/acid stomach?

JamieP

I'd suggest going to the doctor mate. You shouldn't be producing that much acid (as in the burping).

Might be because of your work. My mate works in decking, sheds, garages etc and is bending over constantly (oooerr), he gets terrible heartburn because of this.

Does it happen with you all the time regardless of posture?

I'd suggest going to the doctor mate. You shouldn't be producing that much acid (as in the burping).

Might be because of your work. My mate works in decking, sheds, garages etc and is bending over constantly (oooerr), he gets terrible heartburn because of this.

Does it happen with you all the time regardless of posture?

Cant be anything to do with work, i only stand about bossing people about:D

Thought about going to the docs but as i only get it when i drink he is just going to tell me to stop drinking:D

by the time i wake up tomorrow im sure it will be gone.

Ahhh when you drink! Yeah thats normal, i get that too.

What do you drink? Possibly a change? When i was younger i got it drinking alchopops.

Everything, started with a few vodka redbulls to get me going then had a few pints and finshed off with sharing a bottle of don perion:D

Don Perion and Redbull are very very acidic.

Ok, very few people know the best cure for heartburn when out on the piss but here it is......

Double shot of Baileys!

Most people think the stuff stinks, i used to be one of them. I got used to it though after it started curing my heartburn. Takes around 10 mins to work, repeat as necessary throughout the night.

At your age Gaz?

Scary!

If you do go to the Doc Jamie don't worry about them saying to cut down. He/she probably drinks more than you. They are the profession with the highest incidence of drink problems...... second is coppers LOL

Bit scary, maybe its a push like that i need to start sorting my diet, its just i love going on the piss so much:(

In all seriousness you should sort your diet out.

Heartburn doesn’t have anything to do with your heart. Heartburn is what occurs when digested food juices go back into the esophagus. The esophagus is the tube like thingy that connects the throat to your stomach, and yes can lead to death in the most extreme case.

Drinking Baileys to cure heartburn is not advisable.

If you smoke i would suggest you start to quit. Smoking is also linked to 'heartburn'.

Do you get it while you sleep at all?

Axle.

Jamie, I suffered from exactly the same for years after/during drinking (mostly beer/cider). After changing my diet about 9 months ago and cutting out fast/sat-fat foods I've not had a single issue with it, no matter what or how much I drink.

I dont smoke and no problems while im asleep, im sure its a case of excessive drink, only once a week but i normally go to town;)

We was that drunk i dont remember most of it till stuart jogged my memory today.

His wife called me up and said he had not come home so my leigh who is also his sister sent me back to the pub to look for him and i found him asleep in the carpark cuddling a bottle of don perion:D

Guest dangerousandy
Every time i drink the next day i get this bad, every time i burp i feel like my throat is on fire, tried some rennie but they do nothing, any suggestions except give up drinking?:)

My mate Gary suffers from this and he had to go to the JR hospital (nothing to do with Dallas you fools) and have a check up, which revealed that he had some sort of infection of the stomach lining that caused this acid to build up all the time. He was prescribed some sort of mediaction that he is still taking to this day (some three years after!).......