The mkiv Supra Owners Club

doggy question

D8MOA

well ive been looking for a doberman for a while. been goin out of my way to find one with a croped tail ( some people say its crewl but thats what i wanted) but i dont really fancy a trip to ireland to get one and have the hassle of brining it back so ive decide on one with a tail.

my question is to you dog owners do i go for a dog or a bitch?

i have a 4 year old daughter so i have to try to take into consideration which will be better in the way of protection/ jeliousley etc towards her....

i no boys will try to hump everything and piss at every lamp post but on the other hand the bitch will be having her season every 6 months and bleeding.

so what would be best?

All depends if you intent breeding them, doberman's are a little scatty at times but very loyal. yes the dog will hump anything etc but if you dont intend breeding then either have the bitch spayed or the dog castrated, nothing worse than an unwanted litter etc and it stops the humping /bleeding problem:d

From your responses above to the thought processes involved id say neither :blink:

basically i was set on a bitch regardless of it being in season every 6 months but ime more conserned on what dog may be better suited around my daughter?

if males are calmer which ive also been lead to believe that would be a plus point IMO

It changes bud. Bitch looks after young 'uns. But the boys protect. It basically boils down to how the animal is brought up. Complicated, and all down to the alpha. That should be you. :)

Have a butchers at the "Dog Whisperer" program. That guy knows. :)