The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It's SNOWING!!!

terribleturner

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why does snow = lunatic drivers!!!! A cover of the white stuff completely wipes out everyones common sense. :swear:

I seem to attract people who want to buy me a new rear bumper when it snows, I live on top of a hill and the road was completely covered this morning, as a carefully made my way down the hill some silly women decided to sit an inch from my bumper - make me paraoid why don't you!!

I lost count of the number of people who came flying out of side roads today, it's not a difficult concept to grasp really - snow = slow down a little bit because you might lose traction.

People seem to go into two modes, there is the total mentalist who just drives normally or a bit quicker because they have a company car and don't care what they hit and then the people who seem to disregard any other road users and don't bother with mirrors, signals or anything from the highway code. Their mission is to get to their destination, everyone else can go to hell.

It wasn't much fun this morning, when the car slides off the drive as soon as you move you know things aren't going to be easy :) And to end it all I was hoping the carpark at work would yield some fun but they had gritted it all :(

I drove back from Devon last night...

The M3 was covered...and half of it didn't ssem to have been gritted...i was slip sliding all over the place...and doing 30 mph..at one pont i thought we were going to grind to a halt....and then get snowed in..this was about 1am this morning.....good job I was in a Ford Focus that was rented....The Supra wouldn't have made it in those conditions.....

I couldn't believe some peoples driving either.....some were still attempting to drive above 40mph with a thick layer of snow right across all three lanes and tyre groves all over the place making it feel like you were running on rails..yet people in BMW's and Mercs were being fookin idiots as per usual...putting everyone elses life at risk too.

Hope we get more Snow...I want to build a Snowman!

:innocent:

From bbc website. Note bold.

The wintry spell is well and truly upon the UK now, with many areas of the UK waking up to ice, if not snow, this morning. Travelling conditions are likely to be disrupted further this week, both on the roads and the rails, as more prolonged snow arrives in the next 48 hours.

The easterly winds (as my colleague Victoria mentioned yesterday) are adding a raw feel to the weather, particularly across southern Britain where the winds are strongest. They are keeping the snow showers feeding in from the North Sea, and adding to the wind chill factor. That, combined with increasing amounts of cloud, means that it’s feeling even colder out there than yesterday!

And, the winter has no intention of turning to Spring just yet. Northeast England and southeast Scotland look as though they’re going to bear some heavy snowfall overnight tonight and tomorrow. Then, on Thursday, the risk of more prolonged snow moves to the southeast of England. Even if you manage to escape the flurries, you’ll most likely still be affected by icy, slippery roads and pavements, so even a walking the children to school will need extra care.

Although for many grown ups the snow brings travel chaos and plenty of disruption to travel plans, for many children (and some of us big kids too) the snow just means plenty of outdoor fun! But, just as a word of warning, if your wee angels are planning to head out sledging, then have a quick think about safety first. A 20 year old man was killed on Sunday night when he careered head first into a tree after sledging in Northumberland. Protective helmets, not going head first and keeping to safer slopes are the basics, so just take care if you’re out having fun!

Well it's been snowing here on and off all day today and so we've just had a mini flurry that lasted approx 5 mins and we've got the total amount of NO SNOW on the ground!

Cleaned the car on Sunday for the meet at Leisure World, drove over to Portchester today and the car is covered in salt and needs a damn good clean :(

Forgot to mention this. Had to take my bike to the garage to get it's mot yesterday. Just going down the road minding my own business when some T%$t in a Golf GTI pulled out infront of me. Couldn't belive it with all the weather we've been having that some idiot could and would do such a thing. Back wheel just locked up and skidded and pulled on the front stopping probably just over a meter from hit him in the rear. I bent down and looked at him through the mirror to make eye contact and when he eventually looked up i waved to say "hello dick, im here". I had How_Supra following in the car and she saw it all from behind. If i didn't need to give her directions i think road rage would have taken over and i would have ripped his wing mirror off coz he obviously doesn't need it. :twak:

LOL .... I spun my car on the way to work this morning :violin: .

No joke, I was doing about 5 mph turning into a little road that I use to bypass the center of Windlesham. The road hadn't been gritted, so the moment I turned into the road, the back end followed me round, and kept going. SOMEHOW I managed to stop before I got to the parked cars about 50 yards away, and I missed all the kerbs :woot: :woot: . Some BMW coming the other way just stopped in the middle of the road to watch!

Suffice to say, I soiled myself and broke out into a cold sweat :read: ! Drove like an old woman for the rest of the trip to work! It probably would have been quite good fun on an open area of tarmac with no hard objects in sight! Not looking forward to the trip home in the dark .... Still snowing here too! :eek:

Cheers, J