The mkiv Supra Owners Club

inside heater cold

daz

I would split the pipe at the highest point on the system and see if there is any coolant in there. I did a mod on my pipework so that I can top up the system from the rear of the engine and I have never had any problems since..!!

H.

hot heat now all the pipes was hot but the back pipe was cold near bulk head took it off and rad cap aswell blown down the pipe coolant came out the rad put all back put the heater on ten min later hot air must off been air lock . cheers steveR

Glad it's sorted. Reading the above, I should have warned you NOT to open the cooling system (rad cap/remove a hose) when the car is hot, as it's under pressure and you can get very badly burned if boiling hot coolant comes flooding out! You've got it sorted though, and no harm done - but anyone else reading this please beware. :thumbs:

Daz keep an eye on the coolant expansion bottle, you may need to top it up now you've removed some air from the system. There are little marks on the side of the bottle telling you where the level should be.