The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Road rage in distinctive vehicles...

michael

Imagine the scenario... you have a successful business hiring out Limousines, a trade that tends to pride itself on things like being professional, driving carefully, being courteous... so why the heck was I threatened by this behemoth on the M1 tonight?

http://www.oasislimousines.co.uk/navigator.html

There I am in the outside lane, waiting patiently while a van overtakes a car which in itself was overtaking something in the inside lane, fairly normal stuff. All of a sudden a stretched Lincoln Navigator from Oasis Limousines (that's Oasis Limos of Braford, Yorkshire, near Leeds, they hire limos - oh hi Google bot) is filling my mirrors and flashing it's lights at me while the driver indicates I should pull over out of his way with his arms.

Quite where it expected me to magic my Zafira to at that point I have no idea so I continued on my way, the van pulled over and I passed before pulling in to the middle lane while overtaking slower traffic. Along he comes after managing to get some speed up and pass me at approx 100 leptons (how good are the brakes on those things?) before undertaking another car, swerving across all the lanes and then becoming stuck in the middle lane as me and a couple of other cars passed him again.

So out he pops behind me, lights flashing inches from the rear window, hands gesturing at me to move over, presumably through the car to my left *shrug*

Sadly I lowered myself to his level, the middle finger was presented and retracted.

Well that was it, now he wants to shoot me in the head apparently, you can't help but grin at the thought of someone being that wound up, especially at the wheel of such a ridiculous vehicle, a stretch Lincoln Navigator from Oasis Limousines of Bradford (01274 488618 or 07944 152231).

He goes past again just as I decide to shake up an invisible can of spray paint and now he wants me on the hard shoulder apparently, he's still doing the gun to the head thing too which continued to make me smile. I carry on and he pulls off the motorway, presumably to pick up some classy folks that he's late to collect or something.

Anyway I'll get to the point now, why do people in really distinctive cars with telephone numbers on act like this? Surely they must realise that it's easy to find them or mention that their behaviour is really bad and that people shouldn't book cars through the company they work for as a result?

On a similar theme with the Supra being quite distinctive do you folks restrain your road rage when you are driving?

Do you think I should call Oasis Limos tomorrow to discuss this with them?

Oasis Limousines take great pride in putting more effort iton your booking to make sure that your limousine experience is faultless and something that you will remember for a very long time

They have some mental cars on their fleet, a 8 wheeler Hummer, a 6 wheeler Hummer, an Audi Q7 and more... seems like a fairly big company, odd that one of their drivers would ruin their reputation like this.

Was that Oasis Limousines by any chance? Of Bradford? :D

No idea why you'd drive like that in such a vehicle. I find I'm more willing to reach for a middle finger extension when driving my Corsa than in the Supra. I seem to be more relaxed in the Supra and tend not to get wound up by things like this as much. I do get cut up and generally harassed in the Corsa more than in the Supra though.

Anyway, back on top of avoiding using Oasis Limousines of Bradford....

A brilliant story. I'm disgusted you didn't put it in the SDC though ;)

I'd have laughed my ass off at the kind gentleman to be perfectly honest. I usually do when some idiot cuts me up and then gives me attitude. It seems to wind them up more but I can't help it.

In the Dogcar though it's just a case of you can cut up anything, no-one will mind :)

Something just popped into my head, this car, the Lincoln from Oasis Limousines, is going to be LHD isn't it? If this is the case then it was the passenger that was doing the gesturing and finger gun to the head nonsense but obviously the driver doing the naughty driving and light flashing.

I would ring them, as i have received calls regarding my company drivers in the past.

It sometimes helps to remind the drivers that people will report poor driving and if they persist in driving this way their job may be at risk.

If the company is run in a 'wide boy' style you may not get a good reaction :(

But idiots that threaten people need some reaction even if it's not pulling up on the hard shoulder and getting shot :)

A brilliant story. I'm disgusted you didn't put it in the SDC though ;)

Oh my bad, never mind, that section isn't open to the Google bots either so it might have saved this popping up if people search for a Limo company in the Yorkshire area... oops :innocent:

I'd have laughed my ass off at the kind gentleman to be perfectly honest. I usually do when some idiot cuts me up and then gives me attitude. It seems to wind them up more but I can't help it.

In the Dogcar though it's just a case of you can cut up anything, no-one will mind :)

I was having a bit of a giggle about the whole thing, at the end of the day I'm driving around in a works car that inflates like a bouncy castle in an accident and he's driving around in some one-off money making machine getting all wound up in his fancy suit :)

The Dogcar must be pretty good for lifting the spirits of other road users, the government should employ a pack of them to patrol the motorways cheering people up.

ring them, if they are such a great company im sure they would like to know one of there drivers is behaving like that

I just have this automatic assumption that any company with an 01274 number isn't going to give a toss about such things, probably very wrong of me though, I'll see how bored I get tomorrow.

I would call the Police mate. It's a shame that you didn't get the company's details.......:D

H.

I wish I could have seen where the vehicle was from, it was pretty hard to tell with it being 30ft long, white and covered with letters that said Oasis Limousines, I suspect the company name was hidden by that or something ;)

Gotta love the Internet...

http://www.motortrader.com/25617/VOSA-clamps-down-on-illegal-li.ehtml

A Bradford-based limousine operator was fined £14,200 last year after what VOSA described as a "series of extremely serious irregularities" were discovered. Mohammed Saleem Nawaz received the £10,200 fine plus £4,000 costs for a range of offences including driving without insurance, fraudulent use of registration plates, fraudulent use of Vehicle Excise Duty and not having a PSV operator licence or a Certificate of Initial Fitness (COIF). Mr Nawaz also had 31 points endorsed on his driving licence at Leeds Crown Court.

I think you are right, sounds like a very well run and reputable company, perhaps it was a National Express coach really?

Actually one of those did cut me up the other week, I nearly rang the "how's my driving" number on the back of it but was too chilled out to care.

LOL

I wouldn't think you complaining to Mr Mohammed Saleem Nawaz (possibly the owner and operator of Oasis Limos of Bradford, Yorkshire) would amount to a hill of beans. He doesn't seem the kind of guy that would give a sh**.

I wonder if his potential customers Google search before they book?

Limousines, a trade that tends to pride itself on things like being professional
Really? Aren't they just low class mega-taxis for ostentatiously transporting people with facial piercings from slum to school prom?

Surely they must realise that it's easy to find them or mention that their behaviour is really bad and that people shouldn't book cars through the company
Which company is that then? I must've missed it. Oasis Limousines Bradford 01274 488618 07944 152231 Mega Stretch Limo Limousine hire rent Oasis Bradford Yorkshire Yorks chauffer (sic) chauffeur Oasis Limousines vomit sticky seats 01274 488618 07944 152231Oasis Limousines Bradford 01274 488618 07944 152231 Mega Stretch Limo Limousine hire rent Oasis Bradford Yorkshire Yorks chauffer (sic) chauffeur Oasis Limousines vomit sticky seats 01274 488618 07944 152231Oasis Limousines Bradford 01274 488618 07944 152231 Mega Stretch Limo Limousine hire rent Oasis Bradford Yorkshire Yorks chauffer (sic) chauffeur Oasis Limousines vomit sticky seats 01274 488618 07944 152231

id place bets on it being the same guy. Id report it to the police. im sure they probably already know the guy/company by the sounds of it.

On a side note michael - Im looking to hire a limo soon for a upmarket event, unfortunately i am unaware of any companies in the Leeds/Bradford area that would supply such a service. If you have any particular details of people i should avoid i would be grateful.

Do you have any recommendations of companys i could use instead? Im sure there are plenty in the North Yorkshire area that would be happy to recieve my business...

Mr Nawaz also had 31 points endorsed on his driving licence at Leeds Crown Court earlier this month.

:trophy:

Thats hilarious!

How long will he be banned for to get that little lot off then?...I thought the limit was 12 points ?

How long will he be banned for to get that little lot off then?...I thought the limit was 12 points ?
You won't believe this but ...

Mr Nawaz also had 31 points endorsed on his driving licence at Leeds Crown Court earlier this month. The defendant originally claimed he had attempted to obtain an O-licence but this was disproved and he then stated his intention to make an application in due course. He was instructed to repay the debt at a minimum rate of £500-per-month, and warned that failure to do so would almost certainly lead to a prison sentence.

It was only after an exceptional hardship case was fought that Mr Nawaz escaped disqualification He is also due to face proceedings for further offences, again relating to a failure to obtain the correct PSV licences and O-licences and associated offences.

from http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/newsandevents/pressreleases/2007pressreleases/20-08-07illegallimousineoperatorfined.htm

what a joke!

I had a similar thing with a crazed coach driver the other day, I slowed down for a roundabout and patiently waited for the car in front of me to pull away and the coach driver decides to beep his horn for about 10 seconds,I actually looked round as I couldnt understand why someone was beeping for nothing so after the car infront of me and I pulled away I looked in my rear view and saw the coach driver approaching behind me fast and he flew about an inch off my bumper red faced and waving his hands all over the place?, I was thinking wtf is his problem?, nothing had happened! he then kept tailgating me through the 30 limits and on mini roundabouts and after thinking about it for the next hour I still have no idea what the hell he was going on about, the guy was a complete c*ck, he got the finger just before he turned off.