The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stupid I know, but...

jaymdee

For the same reason people put loose when they mean lose. Or Greedy when they mean Greddy. Or Bumber instead of Bumper (I've never understood how that one happens though). Or when people say post when they mean thread. And thread when they mean post.

For the same reason people put loose when they mean lose. Or Greedy when they mean Greddy. Or Bumber instead of Bumper (I've never understood how that one happens though). Or when people say post when they mean thread. And thread when they mean post.

lol this could start all out mis spelled/worded war you know!....:d

See, there's a good example right there. What does lol lol really mean? (not meaning to pick on you Tony/Trace but seeing as it's On Topic)

ETA:

And WFT does kk mean? My kid says it in text messages all the time (to his mum, he wouldn't waste his time texting me)

See, there's a good example right there. What does lol lol really mean? (not meaning to pick on you Tony/Trace but seeing as it's On Topic)

ETA:

And WFT does kk mean? My kid says it in text messages all the time (to his mum, he wouldn't waste his time texting me)

my son says kk to me in text i have to say i asked why when they mean ok why not put ok still only 2 letters...

no but i laughed a fair bit here! just at this thread and what you put so i spose its an expression to say you find something funny.... what else can you put? an essay that you are sitting chuckling at a message?? bit long winded i guess some things are just easier to abbreviate:d

What does WFT mean? :)

Another one that gets me incidentally is someone saying they'd 'brought' something when they clearly 'bought' it.

:bang:

ah but you see you are mixing the two up..... there is a big difference to abbreviating something than actually mis spelling something!.and i think people still spell how things sound which is where they go wrong!.... and im sure you know what WTF means lol:d

ah but you see you are mixing the two up..... there is a big difference to abbreviating something than actually mis spelling something!.and i think people still spell how things sound which is where they go wrong!.... and im sure you know what WTF means lol:d

Ah yes, WTF...of course I know what that means ;)

I wasn't mixing anything up, merely listing things that annoy me :D

To me, using established internet abbreviations, like WTF, STFU, etc on the internet is alright but using mobile phone retard-speak on the internet is a no no.

In the same way, I would never use internet abbreviations or txtspk in a business email. It's just so unprofessional. Lots of people do it nowadays though. To me it makes them look stupid - YMMV though. ;)

In the same way, I would never use internet abbreviations or txtspk in a business email. It's just so unprofessional. Lots of people do it nowadays though. To me it makes them look stupid - YMMV though. ;)

This really gets on my nerves!

Ok I may be less strict when I am at home/on the net, however abbreviations and txtspk @ wrk irritates me. It is not the first time I have been chased up re an email being sent to me and had to reply "If you care to send me the email again in English I may respond" I have been pulled up so many times for doing this.

Working in a legal environment it is a real let down/embarrassment when people display such ignorance to the English language.