The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very bad news about a member of this forum... Dunno how to go about this...

Guest bubbles

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It maybe to early to be sending his family anything, but would it be possible to set up something on here were members can make donations that someone can maybe hand over at the funeral. Its just a thought but it would be a really nice jesture to show his family how much he was liked on here.

He was obviously got on well with lots of people on here and this has touched the hearts of many people on here so i am confident we can raise a good some of money for the family.

Im just thinking his family would really appreciate it at this very very hard time for them even if we just get some flowers for the funeral or something.

Hi tom dont know if you have read this post of mine, wondering if maybe you and the mods could help to set something up???

I would like to do it myself but i dont know his family.

Hi tom dont know if you have read this post of mine, wondering if maybe you and the mods could help to set something up???

I would like to do it myself but i dont know his family.

I'll ask a Mod to discuss, it should be pretty easy really, Stevo has been on today about arranging a drive by soon for anyone who wants to remember him.

Hi all,

Lewis is currently in the Chapel of Rest @ The Co-operative Funeral Home on Newcastle Bank, Chester le Street, (at the mini roundabout turn up towards Hilda Park and it is on your right hand side)

His Dad has given permission for anyone to visit ifthey wish. Check with the Co-op for opening times.

The Funeral is open to all visitors on Thursday @ 2pm at the Durham Crematorium.

The funeral possesion is leaving at 1.30 pm from Barracuda's in Chester le Street. Should you wish to join this please drive considerately and be there early.

Lewis' family are accepting donations and have a vast quatity of flowers already.

I have spoken to Lee already and he will be in attendance. I will see anyone at the Durham Crematorium where I am sure I will be able to get a lift too.

After the service they will be driving back via the accident site to pay respects.

Sorry about the details, but was asked to make people aware.

thanks

Tom

Guest supradave

Lewis was a great lad and we always met up on Sunday nights at Durham retail park. Lew you will be sadly missed my friend.

RIP

Only met Lew the other weekend at the turners weekend and seemed such a nice lad, he never shut up about his supra and how he wanted to compete in the sound off competitions, such a waste life, R.I.P mate.

Japnortheast are having a memorial on sunday night if anyone wants to come and pay their respects, it is at Gilesgate where the new B&Q is in durham at about 19.30 i am sure someone who knows more will post up better details.

Guest Garfy

Terrible news, seems to be happening so often recently.

Be carefull out there everyone, lets try to make this the last thread of this type.

I'll ask a Mod to discuss, it should be pretty easy really, Stevo has been on today about arranging a drive by soon for anyone who wants to remember him.

As Tom says, I'm in the middle of planning what will hopefully be a full day event for club members to attend in memory of Lew.

More details will follow in a new thread but please be patient, these things take a bit of getting off the ground and there's more to it than I originally anticipated - thanks for the pointers this afternoon Tom.

Thanks for the funeral details too - will try and make it there.

Take care folks :friends:

Guest magenta70

Hi my name is Laura i am lewis's big sis.

Just to let you all know and please can you forward this info to everyone concerned, his funeral is on Thursday at 2pn at Durham Crem, there will be a do after at the function room of the red lion chester-le-street (now called the barracuda bar). The cars will leave the red lion at 1.30pm and i have been reading your posts (havent managed to get through to page 25 yet) and noticed there was talk of a convoy, so if you want you are welcome to follow the funeral cars. lewis was all about a laugh and a joke so we are welcoming anybody who wants to come an dyou can wear what you want. Also his girlfriend asked that donations go to leukemia research but i think it would be nice if they could be passed to my parents first so we can let everyone know how much was raised in his honnor.

i dont know what elso to say but thank you for all your support, lewis was a great brother, he always made me laugh and would do anything for me, i just can believe he wont be at my wedding, he wont ever get married and my children will never hear his laugh or hear his funny stories. Ill miss you little bro you were one of a kind but like me in so many ways and a part of me has gone with you xx

Guest magenta70

Oh also i know there have been some speculation and coments about how it happened etc so i will tell you what i know, however the full report will obviously not be released for a while. My parents have been told that he was overtaking a couple in a car who were driving at 50mph and as he moved back over to the left he lost control or someting happened and the car turned side ways and hit a large tree which then flicked the car arround till it was facing forwards again. the sad thing is, its the only tree arround and if he just been a few feet either way he may have survived. lewis never drove fast as far as we all know, but this may have been when we were arround, but who can pass judgement on some one speading! we all speed to some extent now and then. He loved his car (much to his girlfriends and families fustration, as we all knew it could lead to something like this), he was straight edge and obsesed with his Mutai, which he was sadly on his way to. As we all know there had been rain and the wind was very bad that day, but we can only speculate what realy occured. my brain has fogged so thats all i can tell you now, but please let me know about any thing you plan as i may like to attend, oh that was it. Funny how my father knew as soon as the said which road it was, where it had happend as he said the water always lay realy bad there. I can only hope that this will lead to some barrier or such like to help prevent this happening again, as this area also has a pavement and i am greatful no one was arround and was injured.

i must try and sleep now, thankyou again for your support.

Laura x

Oh also i know there have been some speculation and coments about how it happened etc so i will tell you what i know, however the full report will obviously not be released for a while. My parents have been told that he was overtaking a couple in a car who were driving at 50mph and as he moved back over to the left he lost control or someting happened and the car turned side ways and hit a large tree which then flicked the car arround till it was facing forwards again. the sad thing is, its the only tree arround and if he just been a few feet either way he may have survived. lewis never drove fast as far as we all know, but this may have been when we were arround, but who can pass judgement on some one speading! we all speed to some extent now and then. He loved his car (much to his girlfriends and families fustration, as we all knew it could lead to something like this), he was straight edge and obsesed with his Mutai, which he was sadly on his way to. As we all know there had been rain and the wind was very bad that day, but we can only speculate what realy occured. my brain has fogged so thats all i can tell you now, but please let me know about any thing you plan as i may like to attend, oh that was it. Funny how my father knew as soon as the said which road it was, where it had happend as he said the water always lay realy bad there. I can only hope that this will lead to some barrier or such like to help prevent this happening again, as this area also has a pavement and i am greatful no one was arround and was injured.

Laura x

similar to what happened to my friend dazz he lost control changing lane and due to winter weather it skidded and hit a tree - 10 yards either way of the tree and am sure he still be here...(I JUST WISHED THAT TREE WAS NOT THERE)

AGAIN SORRY TO HEAR ON YOUR LOSS...

:(

I once had the pleasure of speaking/dealing with Lew on e-bay

Feedback in his own words - "seat arrived in excellent condtion,fast delivery very happy buyer,Thanks Lew" 11-Apr-08 01:14

Lew seemed like a really nice guy and i only wish i could have got know him better,a great loss to all who knew him.

R.I.P Lewis

Laura x

Thanks for taking the time to come on and let us know what happened and the arrangements being made. I don't have any siblings so don't know how you are feeling but i can understand that this must be an extremely hard time for you.

Hope you managed to get some rest.

Scott

Guest speedkills

I'm sure it wasn't outright speed that was the problem. It was no doubt speed in-appropriate for the conditions. Sometimes 20mph is too fast.

Its not the roads fault or the fault of the tree, they haven't changed in years. High power, RWD, Rain, Bravado, and inexperience have resulted in the waste of life.

And in the words of coldplay...."Those that are dead are not dead, they're just sleeping in my head"

Guest speedkills
I can only hope that this will lead to some barrier or such like to help prevent this happening again, as this area also has a pavement and i am greatful no one was arround and was injured.

Laura x

Someone else was killed in similar circumstances a little over a year ago, just a little further on from where your brother came to rest. I think it was a motorbike.

Maybe as something to try and ensure Lews life was not totally wasted, you should campaign to get barriers erected along the side of the road there. You could always stick a plaque there afterwards.