The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very bad news about a member of this forum... Dunno how to go about this...

Guest bubbles

Guest DaphneHoneybutt

Just seen this thread and its very very sad news. thoughts are with his family and friends.

Please be careful out there everyone

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It maybe to early to be sending his family anything, but would it be possible to set up something on here were members can make donations that someone can maybe hand over at the funeral. Its just a thought but it would be a really nice jesture to show his family how much he was liked on here.

He was obviously got on well with lots of people on here and this has touched the hearts of many people on here so i am confident we can raise a good some of money for the family.

Im just thinking his family would really appreciate it at this very very hard time for them even if we just get some flowers for the funeral or something.

For some time now, I have been thinking about organising a Summer Cruise style meet and posting details in the NE events forum.

This would typically consist of a few initial meeting points in the morning followed by a day up the Northumberland Coast stopping off at some nice pre-arranged spots for photo opportunities etc. (Alnmouth, Seahouses etc)

Don't want to clog this thread up with specifics or details, but was now wondering if this could be a good idea/opportunity to do something in memory of Lewis from our Club's perspective??? Could even turn it into an annual event if all goes well.

I am certain Lewis would have been up for this kind of thing.

What do you guys think?

Stevo,

think there is one each year, was for Karl I seem to remember.

There would be many wanting to come and not just Supra owners, Lew was well known in the Jap North East club

Any suggestions where to take it from here then Tom?

I'm unsure of the logistics of organising anything massive that would include the whole Jap NE lot.

Just thought it would be fitting as a more of a tribute from us given he was such an active participant on this forum. Would be kind of nice to 'keep it in the club' as it where? Was thinking that doing it like this would also help us appreciate how we all pull together on here.

Without being over the top - a celebration of the cars, the people and the spirit that binds us together; a fitting tribute to a young enthusiast loved and lost, but not forgotten.

Will pay a visit to the Jap North East site, see if they've got anything planned...:search: