The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The official Series 11 Top Gear thread.

jamesmark

I agree that the Star in a car thing is dated and lame now. It was good fun but I FF that bit everytime now. It's generally used by the BBC to advertise other programs.

I miss proper road tests, like the 911/M6/AMV8 job. That was a good test. Funny but useful too. Now it's all about smashing up old cars for a laugh, staged races, stupid "tasks" and generally anything but a review of a decent car. I really enjoy it when they just hoon about in various Supercars across epic scenery. Swapping cars and pointlessly bickering about which one is best. The Gallardo SL/AMv8 N24/911 GT3RS down the Stelvio pass, loved it. The Stig monstering cars around the track and NEWS about the motoring world...all with a bit of tongue in cheek fun. That's what TopGear does best.....

This series is a pale shadow of previous ones. I'm bored of the stupidity, it seems, unfortunately that they have run out of ideas. :( Take that GT-R "race" did you learn anything about the car? Or just that they are a bunch of useless tossers in a foriegn country....

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing i don't like is the star in the car. having two a time really doesnt add anything to it! lol

As for the rest. i've fully enjoyed ever single minute of this new season. not bored once so far so more of the same for me. having said that, they have reviewed the GTR twice this series already so thats a plus!

love it, do not change a thing, especially Clarkson! the mans a genius, extremely witty and so funny i reckon he could do stand up better than 99% of actual comics out there!

Take that GT-R "race" did you learn anything about the car? Or just that they are a bunch of useless tossers in a foriegn country....

I agree, it was a completely pointless show. I'm glad they ran it around the track so soon after though. That pointless episode kind of kept the idea fresh in my mind.. how fast will it be. If they'd have waited 'til ages through the series to test the car round the track it probably wouldn't have had the same effect.

I quite like the star in a reasonably priced car. I like it when they do well like the tall chap did. I felt a bit sorry for Theo :)

The only thing i don't like is the star in the car. having two a time really doesnt add anything to it! lol

As for the rest. i've fully enjoyed ever single minute of this new season. not bored once so far so more of the same for me. having said that, they have reviewed the GTR twice this series already so thats a plus!

love it, do not change a thing, especially Clarkson! the mans a genius, extremely witty and so funny i reckon he could do stand up better than 99% of actual comics out there!

Clarkson is funny but he knows absoulutely nothing about car's in general. Ok, he can tell you what it does and how much "POWER" it has but

can anyone honestly tell a time when clarkson told us how anything mechanical! I mean FFS, he doesnt even know how a turbo works!

For a man who 'earns' £3m a year, you would think he would know a bit about the simple mechanical knowledge of a car wouldnt you...

especially compared to May who 'earns' a lot less but is much more knowledeable!

Thanks for the reminder. Just in case anybody didn't know, there will be another series in the autumn.

Following a short summer break Jeremy Clarkson, Richard

Hammond and James May are back in the driving seat of

the nation’s favourite motoring show, bringing their inimitable

style, wit and enthusiasm back to our screens for a brand

new series.