The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The official Series 11 Top Gear thread.

jamesmark

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else find star in a reasonbly priced car extremelt boring now? especially as none of them are really stars anyway? ooh some guys of a BBC series. wow

Btw, what was going on with the older guys head!! he was sweating like a peodo in a nusery!

Looked like he was going down from a bad heroine trip!

Another odd thing was how clarkson raved about the evo being so much better than the Scoby hatchback, yet the scooby apparantly went round the track faster?! umm, oh and if the evo could go into a corner at 100mph, 35mph faster than a ferrari, why was its time so poor? i know the straights play a part in that but surely a race is won or lost on the corners?!! :confused:

Anybody else find star in a reasonbly priced car extremelt boring now? especially as none of them are really stars anyway? ooh some guys of a BBC series. wow

Btw, what was going on with the older guys head!! he was sweating like a peodo in a nusery!

Yup, i turned over to the footy during it.

I went and made a nice cup of tea for me and the missus when that was on.

Another odd thing was how clarkson raved about the evo being so much better than the Scoby hatchback, yet the scooby apparantly went round the track faster?! umm, oh and if the evo could go into a corner at 100mph, 35mph faster than a ferrari, why was its time so poor? i know the straights play a part in that but surely a race is won or lost on the corners?!! :confused:

The entry speed was 35mph extra but i'm guessing the exit speed was much much less than the ferrari. The evo might have made it round the corner but i'm guessing it wouldn't be controlled (sideways)

Pay attention at the back, H.

They put the slower Evo up against the Impreza. The main piece featured the faster version. It was all there. You just had to pay attention.

anyone watch the program after it with clarkson about the ww2 raid?

I love ww2 stores and things. the only part of histoy im interested in. Clarksons energy and style fits with the story telling well and the story was amazing. Gave me goosebumps on several occasions.

Pay attention at the back, H.

They put the slower Evo up against the Impreza. The main piece featured the faster version. It was all there. You just had to pay attention.

Yeah i know that, but they put the fq300 up against the 300 hp scooby, and if the evo was that much better anyway, surely it should have gone round the track quicker albeit missing 60hp.

I mean the whole purpose of the review was to show how much better the evo handled?

Out of pure curiosity, does anyone know what the first image was - in both shows so far - where Jeremy goes "I went on the Internet and found this..."? 'tis not shown for us TV viewers - or me at any rate.

I'm guessing it will be shown on the TG site in the New Uncut section.

Out of pure curiosity, does anyone know what the first image was - in both shows so far - where Jeremy goes "I went on the Internet and found this..."? 'tis not shown for us TV viewers - or me at any rate.

good point! everyone was laughing and we never got to see! must have been a last minute edit as it was probably a bit contraversiol or rude to have been shown on topgear. Hate it when they do that though!! grrr

when is the repeat on? someone deleted the series link off my sky+ :sos:

Watch it on the BBC iPlayer, I got home at 8.15 :( - So instead of watching it bit by bit, I've just watched the whole lot in one go :)

Click here :)

Also, if it doesn't show up when viewing the latest additions, or searching Top Gear, go into the schedule and as long as the program's started, you can watch it (I only found this out after clicking refresh for an hour grrr)

Loved the CLK though, I'll probably cry the next time I get into the 200 Kompressor now :(

good point! everyone was laughing and we never got to see! must have been a last minute edit as it was probably a bit contraversiol or rude to have been shown on topgear. Hate it when they do that though!! grrr

Judging by the look on the face of the girl behind JC, I reckon it's a bit of softcore pr0n.

Yep but recorded tonight's ep due to footy so skipped the whole thing, doubt I missed anything :)

when is the repeat on? someone deleted the series link off my sky+ :sos:

Watch it on the BBC iPlayer,

Otherwise normally on Wednesday but because of Wimbledon this week it's next on Friday at 9

Yeah i know that, but they put the fq300 up against the 300 hp scooby, and if the evo was that much better anyway, surely it should have gone round the track quicker albeit missing 60hp.

I mean the whole purpose of the review was to show how much better the evo handled?

I can only guess that it's because the scooby has more torque as it has a 2.5L engine as opposed to evo's 2.0L :search: