The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats your favourite quote?

Smellywelshman

'if brains were chocolate, they wouldn't have enough to fill a smartie'

(heard from a guy I worked for a long time ago)

and also:

'life's too short to worry about chocolate biscuits'

(on a project management course)

and on the same course:

'you know what your problem is? You know what you know, but you don't know what you don't know'

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these (but my fave always changes)

"i made you, you made me first"

"I've been waiting for you for a long time, oh how i've waited for you... everywhere and since forever... patiently.... patiently that's the only way to wait for somebody..."

"Dogs think they're human, cats think they're God"

"Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful reliability and questionable mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy"

Sgt "Richie" Cullip (Me)!!!!!!:D

"Jake, how do you spell illiterate?"

-- Ashley Willis (Suprash) at work last Weds while composing one his epic "I've been drifting" threads.

:D

My own favourite is a simple "doh". It gets used often.

The other one I use a lot has probably been mentioned before: "Alcohol, the cause of -and solution to- all life's problems" :D

I really like Rob's assessment of Amy Winehouse from the Brits this year...

'You know when you get a young whore in, and she's nervously dancing and trying to be sexy, but she quite scared because she doesn't know whether you're going to hit her or just shag her, yeah? That's what Winehouse was dancing like.'

We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing.

Anything that doesn't kill you will make you stronger.

Don't worry cos you made a mistake, everyone makes mistakes, but if you make the same one again you're an idiot.

There's no such thing as right or wrong decisions, it's how you react after you've made the decision that matters.

Life's not fair - get on with it.

Expect to be around for ever but live each day as if it's your last.

Dance like no one's watching.

Rage makes you sick. It spoils your appetite for life and keeps you from sleep at night. Look for the good things in life and enjoy them to the full.

Who said dreams have to be practical - they just have to make you feel good.

Last one - see sig below!

I've never heard better than this from Trick TT in Burnas signiture:

"You did well to keep up, there are few things faster in this world than Burna on the way to a pub"

Now that's true :blink:

Or

Turbonuts quote in Stevo's signature made me laugh today too.

"...I'd rather have a warm knob first thing in the morning than a cold one..."

A few quotes from M Ali..

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life

Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.

Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

Emiliano Zapata - It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees

Frank Zappa - Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read.

Mario Andretti - If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Senna

My biggest error? Something that is to happen yet - Senna

It's going to be a season with lots of accidents, and I'll risk saying that we'll be lucky if something really serious doesn't happen - Senna

Ah, well, then I suppose I shall have to die beyond my means - Oscar Wilde

You look just like you! - Eric Idle

At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst. - Aristotle

Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be religious people. - House MD

If I thought you were capable of listening, I'd shut up.

That makes no sense at all. - House MD