The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you think of the mitsubishi 3000gt?

Mariusz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feel free to bring your GTO or whatever you want to call it along to our Supra event at Santa Pod on the 14th August. Would be good to see it run.

And no its not a long trip what with you being based in Nottingham and not North America.

edit to add : nice to see you back, why create a new account when your old one was so thought inspiring.

Do elaborate,how is this clown?

Guest jdwals

I love the look of these cars standard. Besides the NSX, I think it looks the most Ferrari-ish of all the Jpanese performance cars.

It is also the only car I have driven where coming up behind other drivers in front of me - they all pulled into the side of the road to let the car past - I have not experienced that in a Supra, Soarer, Prelude or Skyline (GTST). This was with me travelling just below the national speed limit with no hurry at all so I had not even planned to overtake.

However, it also seems to be the least reliable, even though having read owners forums, they do not seem to be too bad if maintained well - just very expensive to do that compared to the competition.

What really seals it for me though (me with my N/A Supra and probably going to get another N/A!) is that when you look through the time sheets for events like Santa Pod and what not it is dominated by the likes of the Skyline GT-R's, Supra's and the odd 300ZX - very few times do you see a GTO in the upper time/power stakes.

So looks - a big yes.

Power - a fairly average okay I guess

Reliability and expense - a fairly big oh no!

I had one in between my 2 mkiv's and to be honest it wasn't slow and did handle quite nicely but the build quality was very poor and not in the same league as a mkiv.

Hope you enjoy your stay here and see you at the Pod, anyone got some of those granules that soak oil up and a shovel with some strong bin bags :D

I love the look of these cars standard. Besides the NSX, I think it looks the most Ferrari-ish of all the Jpanese performance cars.

Have you not seen an MR2 then?

http://www.autoworld.com/news/Mitsubishi/3000GT-VR4.jpg

vs

Guest jdwals

Yes, the MR2 does look like a Ferrari as well but I don't really put it in the same category as a Supra, Skyline, RX7, GTO or NSX.

Side by side I don't think the MR2 has the presence of either the GTO or the NSX - they are just physically bigger, more imposing cars and in my mind that brings them closer to the likes of a Ferrari.

Yes, the MR2 does look like a Ferrari as well but I don't really put it in the same category as a Supra, Skyline, RX7, GTO or NSX.

Side by side I don't think the MR2 has the presence of either the GTO or the NSX - they are just physically bigger, more imposing cars and in my mind that brings them closer to the likes of a Ferrari.

Sorry, I didn't allow for goalpost changing ;)

Now you have to give your arctic trump card over to Thorin.

I'm sure though if you used 'Reliabilty' on your next card against Thorin though you'll win that GTO card :D

He can have the card and the whole f*****g unit, my last day on friday,Woohoo, hello freedom :)

My finger appears to have slipped...still I'll leave the thread open in case anyone else would like a discussion re: the 3000GT/GTO

RIP Hwoarang, your wise words of wisdom were but a fleet shining moment of divine knowledge to us humble peons.

Edit : Maybe he knows KDW?