The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Conspiracy theory - Did we (USA) land on the moon?

grahamc

There are quotes from Aldrin on the net and televised interviews. He finds the whole conspiracy thing insulting and infuriating, as well he might. There is also the well-publicised incident when he bopped that charlatan Sibrel on the nose - Sibrel was poking him with a Bible, trying to get him to swear that he had been to the Moon. Well done, Buzz.

I cant see why they never did get to the moon. If you read the transcripts (very boring but very natural - too natural to be staged) you know they went there. The mystery for me is what did they really see.

I suppose I would like to think they saw something but as yet no one has proved that they did.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see why they never did get to the moon. If you read the transcripts (very boring but very natural - too natural to be staged) you know they went there. The mystery for me is what did they really see.

I suppose I would like to think they saw something but as yet no one has proved that they did.

Good lord, is going to the moon not enough? They saw the moon, and dust and craters and they brought bits of it back, that's a pretty big achievement considering that 66 years before that, man had never flown under power before.

Why do you want aliens too?

Good lord, is going to the moon not enough? They saw the moon, and dust and craters and they brought bits of it back, that's a pretty big achievement considering that 66 years before that, man had never flown under power before.

Why do you want aliens too?

Absolutely.

In spite of all the (justified) criticisms that it was politically motivated, that the money spent could have done more practical good on back on Earth and so on - in spite of all of that, I still think it's the crowning achievement of humankind, both technologically and in terms of daring, ambition and courage.

For the first time in our history, we actually managed to get completely off the planet, travel through space, land on our nearest neighbour, look back and see the the world as it had never been seen before. When you go up in a plane, it gives you a powerful change in perspective, of the smallness of human affairs in some ways. How much more so when you can see the entire world as no bigger than a marble? It doesn't matter to me that I didn't see it personally,the idea that someone saw it is enough.

Maybe it's a generational thing. I suspect that a lot of people of my generation were mesmerised by the romance of the whole thing and terrifically excited by the ongoing missions.

The logic of the conspiracy theorists eludes me, but what really baffles me is that there are some - according to the poll -who just don't care either way. That I really don't get.

The logic of the conspiracy theorists eludes me, but what really baffles me is that there are some - according to the poll -who just don't care either way. That I really don't get.

Agnostics, they're everywhere, they're coming outta the goddamn walls!

in spite of all of that, I still think it's the crowning achievement of humankind, both technologically and in terms of daring, ambition and courage.

100% agree.

But when someone says "is that not enough for you", they cannot close the door on the possibility that once they got there they found things they were not expecting alongside all they things they hoped they would collect etc. That is the basis of exploration.

Unless Aldrin/Armstrong/Craft from A11 (or others from later Apollo missions as Alien sightings have been postulated on some of those missions as well) says yes or no then we will never really know will we. I doubt we will ever really know and so the doubt continues.

The moon is a dead wasteland, imo there is no mystery to what the astronauts saw, when you break it down it's about as interesting as a weatherless Sahara.

Regarding aliens on the moon, if that was the case do you really think a) Nasa would have sent subsequent missions and b) Unlce Sam would have let it slide? They are bad enough when one small country invades another smaller country, what would they be like if aliens were sitting on the moon!

• 3 months later...

Thought i would bring this one back up as i'm watching a show on Bravo 2 at the moment.

Its called "Did we land on the moon?" and it brings up a lot of things that i didn't know about.

I've always been skeptical about the moon landing, after watching this show i am positive it was faked. There is just too much evidence pointing to a hoax.

I don't mean to start up the whole debate again. I just thought as it was on this topic i would recommend this show for people who are interested.

Cheers

Hehehe, always happy to discuss space-y stuff :)

I will still stand by my thinking that originally it was planned to be a huge media campaign and all that given the cold war and the fact the soviets were ahead. They had to do all the work, and then someone said 'hmmm, maybe this overgrown firework will work', and they tried...

To be fair NASA have opened up their archives and there is lot of decent quality stuff and I still reckon one way or the other, they landed without a doubt.

Thought i would bring this one back up as i'm watching a show on Bravo 2 at the moment.

Its called "Did we land on the moon?" and it brings up a lot of things that i didn't know about.

I've always been skeptical about the moon landing, after watching this show i am positive it was faked. There is just too much evidence pointing to a hoax.

I don't mean to start up the whole debate again. I just thought as it was on this topic i would recommend this show for people who are interested.

Cheers

That will be the same entertainment programme mentioned in post one on this thread, which you responded to in post two.

Yeah, wasn't sure if it was exactly the same one or not though lol. Was the guy Mitch Pileggi that hosted it.

I had seen other shows along the same lines but this one was pretty in-depth.

I think you'll find that was the X-Files you just watched. ;)