The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Conspiracy theory - Did we (USA) land on the moon?

grahamc

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be honest before even watching mythbusters if they say anything but evidence for it being real then their show gets canned instantly and tbh wouldn't even make it to the tv networks as an episode and both adam and jamie would end up in the ocean somewhere wearing concrete boots testing the how much water pressure is needed to crush human ribs myth.....

It'll be conlusive evidence that america did go from the start with anyone doubting it are fools etc ...... sorry but it just perpetuates the whole thing even if they come out with some believable facts, as the sceptics will just say "they didn't cover such n such" and so it will continue until we can get google moon and see the damn flag etc and where they touched down, but there will still be some that would claim that the pics on google moon would be faked up ( and a valid possibility ) and so the saga would continue until the sceptics hop onto a lunar transport in the future for their own sightseeing tour of the first lunar landing spot before they're convinced ......... right i'm off to watch it !!! :eyebrows:

Lets be honest before even watching mythbusters if they say anything but evidence for it being real then their show gets canned instantly and tbh wouldn't even make it to the tv networks as an episode and both adam and jamie would end up in the ocean somewhere wearing concrete boots testing the how much water pressure is needed to crush human ribs myth.....

It'll be conlusive evidence that america did go from the start with anyone doubting it are fools etc ...... sorry but it just perpetuates the whole thing even if they come out with some believable facts, as the sceptics will just say "they didn't cover such n such" and so it will continue until we can get google moon and see the damn flag etc and where they touched down, but there will still be some that would claim that the pics on google moon would be faked up ( and a valid possibility ) and so the saga would continue until the sceptics hop onto a lunar transport in the future for their own sightseeing tour of the first lunar landing spot before they're convinced ......... right i'm off to watch it !!! :eyebrows:

:D so when is your lunar transport arrivin? :p

I can't tell if this you're satirising how conspiracy theorists think or if you really believe this.

I can never get over this: to me, it's absolutely astonishing that anyone thinks the Moon landings were hoaxed. It's incredibly implausible and it's symptomatic of just how far the conspiracy mindset has gone.

This particularly hoax/conspiracy belief is one that's largely been propagated through (a) the internet and (b) a couple of sensationalist documentaries. It shows the weakness of the former in particular as a source of information: the internet makes everyone a publisher, with no need to satisfy even basic standards of accuracy. In terms of silliness, it's only one step up from the 9/11 conspiracy theories.

The actual arguments (e.g. "how can the flag wave when there isn't any air?" :rolleyes:) have been comprehensively dealt with over and over again; in fact, they are a staple item on several "bad science" and critical thinking websites. And yet the myth refuses to go away, maybe because it is an entertaining story that makes the believer feel that he/she is party to some secret knowledge that sets them apart from the brainwashed masses.

"Having an open mind" often translates to "accepting poorly thought out ideas uncritically". It's a bit like leaving a skip outside your house: if you don't keep an eye on it, you discover it's been filled up overnight with other people's rubbish.

:yeahthat:

I am certain we as humans did land on the moon,there is no reason to suggest otherwise,

Every question supporting the fact that we didnt can be answered logicaly and easily,the cross hairs,the waving flag,. the terrain that seems to repeat - it can all be explained away.

For interest i did read last year that there is a planned japanese mission to the moon - there not landing but will be flying over the old landing sites and hopefully will be taking some hi-res pics.

FYI some of the intelligence that we have regarding how fast the moon is moving away from us is derived from laser reflectors that had to be carefully positioned by hand on the moon.

Again,another theory that falls under the same trademark as the 911 conspiracy,the titanic conspiracy,ghosts and aliens from other worlds.:rolleyes:

* edit.

we have never been back because of the massive cost,

there is nothing on the moon but dust,nothing....the cost outweighs what can be derived from going back,,all the money might as well be spent getting ready for mars.

all the money might as well be spent getting ready for mars.

A permanent moon base should be our next priority IMO, forget sending probes off everywhere. Assembling a ship in orbit/on the moon means it can be smaller and not have to expend massive amounts of energy just to leave earth's orbit.

A permanent moon base should be our next priority IMO, forget sending probes off everywhere. Assembling a ship in orbit/on the moon means it can be smaller and not have to expend massive amounts of energy just to leave earth's orbit.

They must be mad, after what happened the last time!

What about the alien presence already there that supposedly warned off Aldrin and Armstrong and successive landings. The transcripts of the flights do not leave too much to the imagination.

Armstrong: What was it? What the hell was it? That's all I want to know!"

Mission Control: What's there?... malfunction (garble) ... Mission Control calling Apollo 11 ...

Apollo 11: These babies were huge, sir!... Enormous!... Oh, God! You wouldn't believe it! ... I'm telling you there are other space-craft out there ... lined up on the far side of the crater edge! ... They're on the Moon watching us!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the alien presence already there that supposedly warned off Aldrin and Armstrong and successive landings. The transcripts of the flights do not leave too much to the imagination.

Armstrong: What was it? What the hell was it? That's all I want to know!"

Mission Control: What's there?... malfunction (garble) ... Mission Control calling Apollo 11 ...

Apollo 11: These babies were huge, sir!... Enormous!... Oh, God! You wouldn't believe it! ... I'm telling you there are other space-craft out there ... lined up on the far side of the crater edge! ... They're on the Moon watching us!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGZ its tru!!!!1!!! there r alien bases on teh moon and everything!!!one!

Anyway, check this out. There is a lot of dialogue in there from many missions.

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicphotos.html

Good link that - some really weird conversations indeed not to mention the criticism of the many photos and videos.

I am certain we as humans did land on the moon,there is no reason to suggest otherwise,

Every question supporting the fact that we didnt can be answered logicaly and easily,the cross hairs,the waving flag,. the terrain that seems to repeat - it can all be explained away.

For interest i did read last year that there is a planned japanese mission to the moon - there not landing but will be flying over the old landing sites and hopefully will be taking some hi-res pics.

FYI some of the intelligence that we have regarding how fast the moon is moving away from us is derived from laser reflectors that had to be carefully positioned by hand on the moon.

Again,another theory that falls under the same trademark as the 911 conspiracy,the titanic conspiracy,ghosts and aliens from other worlds.:rolleyes:

* edit.

we have never been back because of the massive cost,

there is nothing on the moon but dust,nothing....the cost outweighs what can be derived from going back,,all the money might as well be spent getting ready for mars.

Darren - you talk about no reason to suggest otherwise, have a look at the link that extendor posted.....maybe that will give you a few things to think about. ;)

Anyway, I am off the opinion that they never landed on the moon for the first couple of missions - simply didnt have the technology at the time. As it was a propaganda race against the russians, they faked it.

thought someone said that the moon was moving closer earlier on...:innocent:

911 is no conspiracy.....it did happen, i've been to ground zero myself.

Here is reproduced completely the dialogue between the American astronauts and Control Center:

Armstrong & Aldrin: Those are giant things. No, no, no - this is not an optical illusion. No one is going to believe this!

Houston (Christopher Craft): What ... what ... what? What the hell is happening? What's wrong with you?

Armstrong & Aldrin: They're here under the surface.

Houston: What's there? (muffled noise) Emission interrupted; interference control calling 'Apollo 11'.

Armstrong & Aldrin: We saw some visitors. They were here for a while, observing the instruments.

Houston: Repeat your last information!

Armstrong & Aldrin: I say that there were other spaceships. They're lined up in the other side of the crater!

Houston: Repeat, repeat!

Armstrong & Aldrin: Let us sound this orbita ... in 625 to 5 ... Automatic relay connected ... My hands are shaking so badly I can't do anything. Film it? God, if these damned cameras have picked up anything - what then?

Houston: Have you picked up anything?

Armstrong & Aldrin: I didn't have any film at hand. Three shots of the saucers or whatever they were that were ruining the film

Houston: Control, control here. Are you on your way? What is the uproar with the UFOs over?

Armstrong & Aldrin: They've landed here. There they are and they're watching us.

Houston: The mirrors, the mirrors - have you set them up?

Armstrong & Aldrin: Yes, they're in the right place. But whoever made those spaceships surely can come tomorrow and remove them. Over and out.

A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA symposium.

Professor: What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?

Armstrong: It was incredible, of course we had always known there was a possibility - the fact is, we were warned off! There was never any question then of a space station or a moon city.

Professor: How do you mean "warned off"?

Armstrong: I can't go into details, except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and technology - Boy, were they big!...and menacing! No, there is no question of a space station.

Professor: But NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?

Armstrong: Naturally - NASA was committed at that time, and couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really was a quick scoop and back again.

Now that is scary!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren - you talk about no reason to suggest otherwise, have a look at the link that extendor posted.....maybe that will give you a few things to think about. ;)

911 is no conspiracy.....it did happen, i've been to ground zero myself.

Thanks imi i will check out that link,

i agree 911 was no conspiracy,unfortunately there is a conspiracy surrounding it.;)

Well i think that was contemplated but dismissed in favour of the space station (ISS ),

there is a small gravitational pull from the moon and launching craft from the space station would cost less fuel.

Here is reproduced completely the dialogue between the American astronauts and Control Center:

Armstrong & Aldrin: Those are giant things. No, no, no - this is not an optical illusion. No one is going to believe this!

Houston (Christopher Craft): What ... what ... what? What the hell is happening? What's wrong with you?

Armstrong & Aldrin: They're here under the surface.

Houston: What's there? (muffled noise) Emission interrupted; interference control calling 'Apollo 11'.

Armstrong & Aldrin: We saw some visitors. They were here for a while, observing the instruments.

Houston: Repeat your last information!

Armstrong & Aldrin: I say that there were other spaceships. They're lined up in the other side of the crater!

Houston: Repeat, repeat!

Armstrong & Aldrin: Let us sound this orbita ... in 625 to 5 ... Automatic relay connected ... My hands are shaking so badly I can't do anything. Film it? God, if these damned cameras have picked up anything - what then?

Houston: Have you picked up anything?

Armstrong & Aldrin: I didn't have any film at hand. Three shots of the saucers or whatever they were that were ruining the film

Houston: Control, control here. Are you on your way? What is the uproar with the UFOs over?

Armstrong & Aldrin: They've landed here. There they are and they're watching us.

Houston: The mirrors, the mirrors - have you set them up?

Armstrong & Aldrin: Yes, they're in the right place. But whoever made those spaceships surely can come tomorrow and remove them. Over and out.

A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA symposium.

Professor: What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?

Armstrong: It was incredible, of course we had always known there was a possibility - the fact is, we were warned off! There was never any question then of a space station or a moon city.

Professor: How do you mean "warned off"?

Armstrong: I can't go into details, except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and technology - Boy, were they big!...and menacing! No, there is no question of a space station.

Professor: But NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?

Armstrong: Naturally - NASA was committed at that time, and couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really was a quick scoop and back again.

Now that is scary!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG,ive never read such twoddle,.

lets hear the actual recordings then that this dialogue is said to have come from !?

absolutely BS,

honestly reading thru the above its so laughable its verging on hilarious,you seriously do not believe that do you ?

Wheres the recording ? oh i guess it was stolen by the CIA ?

:D

OMG,ive never read such twoddle,.

lets hear the actual recordings then that this dialogue is said to have come from !?

absolutely BS,

honestly reading thru the above its so laughable its verging on hilarious,you seriously do not believe that do you ?

Wheres the recording ? oh i guess it was stolen by the CIA ?

:D

Just adding some fuel to the fire that is all. Its all good fun.

Seriously though. If you put aside all the convenient circumstances like broken transmission and 'hundreds of radio hams' picking it up etc there could just be an element of truth. Thats what makes it so compelling to research.

BUT

As always the internet is such a rubbish bag full of drivel and no one ever quotes reliable sources (least all a spokesman from NASA or Aldrin themselves) there is as always very little if no proof.

Is it fact or fiction.

Not proven IMHO (and I have been looking for a reliable source for some time and yet dont have one).

edit.

If anyone really has the time they can gop through the official NASA transcripts but dont hold your breath for anything exciting.

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/history/mission_trans/apollo11.htm

There are quotes from Aldrin on the net and televised interviews. He finds the whole conspiracy thing insulting and infuriating, as well he might. There is also the well-publicised incident when he bopped that charlatan Sibrel on the nose - Sibrel was poking him with a Bible, trying to get him to swear that he had been to the Moon. Well done, Buzz.