The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Conspiracy theory - Did we (USA) land on the moon?

grahamc

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh sorry Graham,

its just that some great and brave men died to make the moon missions possible,these conspiracies realy annoy me :(

now imagine how F***ed off you would be to find out it was faked!! How would you feel if they all died for a HOAX???

All the photos are NASA - obviously

Russians were only able to track the ship so far?

Why have they not gone back since?

I believe a lot of the comments about the radiation belt come from the russians.

Everytime someone tries to dis-prove what the conspiracy theorists say, NASA based evidence is used.

I just want independant definitive proof...

OK, I'm not a huge fan of wikipedia, but this summarises quite neatly some of the independent evidence for the moon landings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings#cite_note-12

As far as I'm concerned, the independent evidence includes the following:

1) The thousands upon thousands of contractors, in the US and worldwide, who were commissioned to build components for the moon landings. Of course, this doesn't prove that they actually went to the moon in the assembled machinery, but at the least we can say that hundreds of companies, and thousands of scientists and engineers spent years developing components engineered that were capable of doing just that.

2) We know that they took off, seeing as thousands witnessed this. Where did they go,if it was faked? Into orbit before re entry? Surely not, when a low orbit would have been highly visible. On the other hand, we know that many different observers calculated the lunar trajectory of Apollo 8 onwards and were able to observe it. We know that the Russians were able to pick up the radio transmissions from Apollo. Whether they could track them all the way to the moon, I don't know, but they were certainly on their way there.

So from 1 and 2, we know that thousands of non NASA contractors worked on building something capable of reaching the moon. We know that it took off. We know from NASA independent observers that, at the least, it was headed for the moon.

In fact, looking at the wikipedia site,we can do better than that: observatories tracked Apollo 13 on the way back from the nmoon and contributed to its safe arrival.

3) The moon rock samples have been examined by a vast number of geologists and others in many countries. Not even the conspiracy theorists seriously claim these are fake. Of course, they could have been brought back by robot. The Russians did and managed a few grams. But it's not so easy to gather large quantities automatically. It took men with tools to gather over 300kg of moon rock.

4) We know there are mirrors on the moon that are oriented towards the earth. Evidence from the laser reflections isn't NASA data.

OK, 3 and 4 could conceivably have been done automatically. But the technology of remote controlling or programming robots to carry out this task is more difficult than sending astronauts. And the 'limitations' of 60s technology is the main reason hoax theorists advance for us not going.

5) The landing site has been photographed by various lunar orbiters. The NASA one we have to discount. But how about the japanese?

http://www.spacecoalition.com/blog/1/2008/05/Japans-Moon-Orbiter-Spots-Apollo-15-Landing-Site.cfm

Why haven't we been back?

How long have you got? It's a question principally of political will. The Americans set out to prove a point, proved it, and switched their attention elsewhere. The cost of the moon landings was astronomical, so to speak. With waning public interest (and increasing criticism), the Vietnam war and detente, they cancelled the last few Apollo programs.

Since then - I just don't think there's any impetus for it. We just don't have that "conquest of space" Weltanschauung we had in the sixties. It smacks of colonialism and excess. They had, what, maybe nine Apollo missions- it's difficult to justify further missions. Especially when there is a lot more useful info to be gathered from satellites.

As for the radiation and Russians thing, don't know, sorry.

F*ck the moon hoax- this is about the Mars one!

This quite timely and amazing documentary "Capricorn One" is to be shown BBC1 London 11:35pm Tue 1 July.

A journalist learns the first manned flight to Mars was an elaborate hoax organised as part of a sinister political plot - and finds his earth-shattering scoop has made him the number one target for shadowy assassins. Gripping piece of investigative journalism with some ingenious fly on the wall camera work, as reported by Elliott Gould, James Brolin, OJ Simpson and Telly Savalas.

makes me laugh, tbh i'm not sure but what always made me think it was a haux was the video footage, i just cant see one of the people nipping out of the space craft and wandering over to set up a tri pod with a cam corder then popping back over to the ship and then do the famous "one step" and all that :) then popping back the the cam corder packing it back up and jumping back into the space ship??

makes me laugh, tbh i'm not sure but what always made me think it was a haux was the video footage, i just cant see one of the people nipping out of the space craft and wandering over to set up a tri pod with a cam corder then popping back over to the ship and then do the famous "one step" and all that :) then popping back the the cam corder packing it back up and jumping back into the space ship??

:rlol:

The one that really F's me off is when people say "How could they operate a camera with those big gloves on?" FFS, Nasa built a massive rocket that thousands of people witnessed in person, do you not think that they might have built a "special moon camera" with "big buttons"?

TFFS, Nasa built a massive rocket that thousands of people witnessed in person, do you not think that they might have built a "special moon camera" with "big buttons"?

....and here's unquestionable photographic evidence of said camera

http://www.toynutz.com/FleaMktToyCamera01.jpg

This quite timely and amazing documentary "Capricorn One" is to be shown BBC1 London 11:35pm Tue 1 July....

...Gripping piece of investigative journalism with some ingenious fly on the wall camera work, as reported by Elliott Gould, James Brolin, OJ Simpson and Telly Savalas.

Very good. :)

• 4 months later...
nice... I believe the official explanation on that is the mode the camera was set to. Camera shutter stays open for a very short amount of time, due to the glare...

wouldn't the astronauts in the pic have to be very still in order to avoid blurring their images rendering it completely useless?

This is interesting, im convinced its faked now.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vrge-8F6rw&feature=related

Very interesting......

Why does it matter? It does not really, but if it was faked and they lied for 40+ years about it, what else have the lied about? What else are they controlling just to make money? Its a big can of worms...

:D

Agree - if they did indeed go the 1st time round if at all - then I dont believe there would be any evidence to suggest otherwise. There were plenty of reasons why they needed it to be a success as it seems and has always seemed like they were prepared to go to any cost to be the alleged 1st.

I can see why as a nation how Hollywood is so successful :)

What a good read. I have an other theory to add and I am amazed no one has mentioned it yet. What if they did land on the Moon and we have never gone back because of what we found.

I am not sure I subscribe to this but you cannot avoid the fact that there were some odd conversations recorded on many of the missions between the astronauts. I recall Buzz Aldrin being questioned about this many years ago. If memory serves (I was a lot younger) the answer was quite diplomatic and vague but what did stick in my mind was that it was an odd answer for such a precise man to make.

Anyway, check this out. There is a lot of dialogue in there from many missions.

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicphotos.html