The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Conspiracy theory - Did we (USA) land on the moon?

grahamc

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the

russians could not track the spacecraft it would have been an absolute dodle to pinpoint the source of the radio transmissions and i'm sure they did so, have the russians ever said they think the Yanks faked it?.

I think the conspiracy theory is about as beliveable as "The Supra is based on the Ford Ka" and you know thats gotta be true!!!!:Pling:

Just wanted to bump this thread with this: http://www.dark-truth.org/dec142006-1-moon-scam-apollo-hoax-nasa-lies.html

Let me tell you where I'm at: I firmly believe that NASA did go to the moon, despite watching this movie. I have 2 friends however who have watched this and now don't believe the USA went. They are quite adament. I thought I'd share the link with you all so you can judge for yourselves.

I do enjoy laughing at people who get caught up in conspiricy theory :)

My friend said:

...of all the things I know about conspiricy and the US government, all the theories around the world, the Twin Towers debate, Area 51(!), Presidential assasinations etc I think the moon landing is the most unbelieveable story and I don't think it happened

He also thinks RX7s are reliable though :)

Just seen this thread,

Graham, if you watch a documentary thats completely one sided i can see why you would think it was a hoax. But come on! thats ridiculous!

Its impossible to go to the moon because of the radiation barrier. Its a few 1000 miles long and, as you said, you would need unbelievable shielding to pass through it.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing

Interesting thread.

Having watched the first three landings live on TV, I felt compelled to investigate the hoax theories further.

Still undecided - I've seen no firm evidence on either side, but some annoying question marks right and left.

It's easy to build myths out of thin air and the crowds' fears and selective memory.

It should also be easy to repeat the feat 40 years later, but we can only still manage unmanned ships...

Closeup pictures from the sea of tranquility by the Japs would settle this once and for all.

Hell, they've been nuked twice by the Yanks, and humiliating them might be satisfying.

(Ooops, a collapsed USD would wreck havoc with their US holdings though)

So as we are all interconnected commerically and economically, it might be in nobody's interest to rock the boat (if indeed there *is* a boat to be rocked!)

The mirrors hold the key!

As far as I know, the mirrors can't be seen by any sort of optical telescope. However, they are reflecting laser light fired at the moon. This has been used as the basis for all sorts of findings about the moon.

I don't understand it terribly well, but I think that the wavelength of the photons received back at the detector allows you to say for certain that those were the ones sent out from the laser and reflected.

The conspiracists address this in two main ways:

"the reflections are from something other than a mirror"

"the laser light comes from a mirror placed there by an unmanned probe"

There's a whiff of contradiction in the second explanation, inasmuch as it would be more of a challenge to develop a fully automated system for landing and pointing a mirror at the Earth than it would to have an astronaut set it up.

Some have gone as far as to suggest that the mirrors were placed there by an unmanned probe after the original hoax in order to address the conspiracy theorists' claims that there were no mirrors. Seriously.

Some have gone as far as to suggest that the mirrors were placed there by an unmanned probe after the original hoax in order to address the conspiracy theorists' claims that there were no mirrors. Seriously.

:rlol:

This is what makes me laugh. Anything that isn't readily explainable is automatically transformed into an arguement for yet more conspiring against the public at large.

Roffle.

Its back!!!

There is no moon.....

I just love the fact that all the data backing the idea that they did land on the moon is from NASA. And no one can really prove otherwise....

Would love to see someone prove that the USA is full of it!!!

Time will tell....

without reading all that has gone before, i have seen this type of show and my view is that the date may be incorrect ie the 1969 landing a fraud but that later jaunts did occur in the 70s. the reason being to beat the russians to the goal but then later complete the expedition proper.

I just love the fact that all the data backing the idea that they did land on the moon is from NASA. And no one can really prove otherwise....

But that's absolutely not the case. There is plenty of independent data, some of it from the Russians.

Would love to see someone prove that the USA is full of it!!!

I'm sure that's a driving factor behind why it's a belief that's garnered so much attention.

without reading all that has gone before, i have seen this type of show and my view is that the date may be incorrect ie the 1969 landing a fraud but that later jaunts did occur in the 70s. the reason being to beat the russians to the goal but then later complete the expedition proper.

With respect, that's a view that manages to set a new gold standard of implausibility. It would make no sense to stage such a mammoth hoax, with the attendant risks of complete loss of credibility for the US, if they knew that the technology was going to be available only 2-3 years down the line.

oh come on Graham,

if you were 16 i would understand the thread,but you are a grown man.,if it was me making this post they would of ripped me to bits by now.

Jusr watched a program/conspiracy theory which basically said that we did not land on the moon.

Some of the evidence that showed was pretty interesting:

1. doctered photos - cross hairs (had to be on all photos) should go over the top of whatever picture is taken, but behind items in the picture

2. 2 separate locations (said by NASA) with the background and rock formations being the same

3. a radiation barrier that would pretty much have killed anyone, without a 6ft lead shield.

4. some interesting bits about some of the deaths surrounding NASA, etc.

Very very interest.... wheres google maps of the moon when you need it :search:??

So what do you think, really or the mot expnsve movie ever made??

But that's absolutely not the case. There is plenty of independent data, some of it from the Russians.

All the photos are NASA - obviously

Russians were only able to track the ship so far?

Why have they not gone back since?

I believe a lot of the comments about the radiation belt come from the russians.

Everytime someone tries to dis-prove what the conspiracy theorists say, NASA based evidence is used.

I just want independant definitive proof...

1. doctered photos - cross hairs (had to be on all photos) should go over the top of whatever picture is taken, but behind items in the picture

it was just simple contrast,the crosshairs are still there,but the white contrast wipes them out,the effect is easy to replicate here on earth and is the reason why no stars are visible in the photo`s taken frm the moon.

2. 2 separate locations (said by NASA) with the background and rock formations being the same

they werent,they were the same locations,just different time frames.,

3. a radiation barrier that would pretty much have killed anyone, without a 6ft lead shield.

the radiation barrier thats THAT intense is booshlocks,.. otherwise every single space mission thats ever occured would of been babboons nuts,.

every single space probe thats gone to mars or saturn or venus would of never happened as they would of had to have 50 tons of lead on board to protect the electronics...

4. some interesting bits about some of the deaths surrounding NASA, etc.

interesting yes,.. but nothing unusual,.. if theres 100 space missions,theres gonna be at least 10 that fail.

they have just never gone back to the moon cos there feck all there.,simple as that.,throw any theory about the moon at me and i can answer it for you with fact.