The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT / Single Manual

add heywood

Yes that's very realistic, unless you want one of the very newest VVTi 6sp ones with a single turbo.

I presume you know you that can't get 500 HP from a TT with the stock sequential turbos, right? Just in case somebody tries to BS you about their TT.

Yes that's very realistic, unless you want one of the very newest VVTi 6sp ones with a single turbo.

I presume you know you that can't get 500 HP from a TT with the stock sequential turbos, right? Just in case somebody tries to BS you about their TT.

Hey mate yes been doing my homework, should have said hybrids really. Tbh would like a nice single just thought i'd try to broaden my search. Not really to bothered about vvti, would rather a well built older one that looked nice :)

Don't underestimate VVTi till you've tried it, but you're right; it's not the be-all, end-all.

Hybrids will struggle to make a true 500hp reliably, if at all, and never 5000RWHP. In your shoes (and I've been there) I'd now go for a stock bodied, well specced small single 6sp hardtop with a good quality stand-alone ECU.

Don't underestimate VVTi till you've tried it, but you're right; it's not the be-all, end-all.

:yeahthat: I'm in a pickle with mine. IF i keep it, the stock head that's on now will max at 580bhp which isn't far off what i've got now. But if i get power hungry, i might ditch the VVTi. However, the power delivery low done and the torque is awesome. Not sure what i'm gonna do at the min

Good idea to go for single search ... I had my running standard for 8 years, 1 year on BPU and now since april on single ... awesome power now.

You have a nice budget which should allow you to find a nice Supe ... less expensive than buying a standard one and modifying it afterwards (my single conversion was £10k, bearing in mind that I already had some esential parts such as FMIC from BPU).

When looking for a single Supe, check for one with a good ECU and nice fuelling (injectors).

Good luck :)

Hybrids will struggle to make a true 500hp reliably, if at all, and never 5000RWHP.

Probably best to go for a single then. What sort of standalone is the best. Seen F-con gold and aem around quite alot. I only live 2 seconds from Hyper Sports and Racing, think they have program most.

:yeahthat: I'm in a pickle with mine. IF i keep it, the stock head that's on now will max at 580bhp which isn't far off what i've got now. But if i get power hungry, i might ditch the VVTi. However, the power delivery low done and the torque is awesome. Not sure what i'm gonna do at the min

Or my Auto T61 (>500bhp) for a lot less :)

How much are you looking for them? Pm if its within my budget please.

Sorry to keep posting so many questions in a wanted thread but do you guys advise buying a single manual or possibly going with a cheaper single auto and having it converted?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.