The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High idle on aem after disconnecting battery

bignum

Ok tps was fine then the idle settled down abit but was hunting alot, on closer inspection i noticed the 2nd hand p/s pump was leaking so i took it back off and there was a bolt missing which holds the casing together, just refitted it but to late to try it, thanks for the replies.

If the Battery is disconnected the AEM loses its “hold Power” settings from where the idle stepper motor is positioned in its step sequence. When the battery is re-connected again and the key is turned to IGN. The AEM does a full sweep on the step Sequence to find where the Park Position is. I have seen it on a couple of occasions get confused where to park and it leaves the valve open. Then when you turn the key off and it does another “key off Reset” it sorts it self out.

A lot of the time when it does the full step sweep the valve gets stuck which actually causes it to lose sync.

The idle control on the AEM is closed loop so it should sort it self out but look at the idle learn value it should be between -3 and +3..

If you still have a problem Si then give me a ring when your connected and I will talk you through some tests.

Ryan

What was the fix? Something simple or not? Might be handy for anyone searching :)

Basically ryan thinks ive got a sticky stepper motor which was making it idle high so he ran through some idle% vs target settings to adjust it back down, i will have to check out the stepper at some stage though as its obviously playing up.