The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Nissan GTR... £41k

JamieP

Seriously seriously fast. Basically no car costing less than 200k can touch it, other than a mental Caterham or Atom type thing.

Thats stardard too. Imagine what its like modified :D

Gaz.

BIG difference when it's modified, not just the power but also the brakes and suspension too.

A mate of mine has one with a Mine's ECU and full exhaust giving about 60PS extra. Looking foward to the next trip to Fuji as he's not afraid to really drive it. The other R35's I've met on the track have been tip toeing around.

There are a lot of them coming into HK and being modified now, my friends place had 4 of them in the other day getting various things done to them.

I've had a good look around one underneath which is really interesting. I was surprised how narrow the stock exhaust is, only looks to be around 60-70mm diameter, which then exits through 4 large rear tail pipes.

I was watching one being fitted with a Mines exhaust system yesterday, stunning bit of kit, very quiet, you could hardly tell the car was running at tickover.

http://www.mines-wave.com/JP/CATALOG/MODEL/GT-R_VX-PRO_Ti.htm

Seriously seriously fast. Basically no car costing less than 200k can touch it, other than a mental Caterham or Atom type thing.

Your having a laugh. Have you swallowed a hype pill? If you look at the 'tests' that have been done then, yes, it appears to be bloody quick. Look closer at the figures and the test 'conditions' and caveats and you'll see that there is a bit of massaging done to show it in nothing but a good light.

Your having a laugh. Have you swallowed a hype pill? If you look at the 'tests' that have been done then, yes, it appears to be bloody quick. Look closer at the figures and the test 'conditions' and caveats and you'll see that there is a bit of massaging done to show it in nothing but a good light.
I agree, it's not the best, but does come close - especially for the money.

According to 'EVO' it equalled a Z06 Corvette on the strip, bettered an R8 on the twisties and beat a 911 GT3 around the Bedford Autodrome. (It fell in behind the Enzo on its lap time.)

Still debating its ugliness factor. Its certainly not the prettiest sports car to come out of japan for some time.

Lets be honest here and assume the latest facelift supercars from japan had never been released from the last 10 years.

Now if a facelift supra came out now, it would look a ton better than the new GTR

If a facelift rx7 came out now, it would look way better than the new gtr

If a facelift nsx came out now, it would look better than the new gtr.

Admittedly skylines have never been super slick looking machines - I recall them being called 'buses' by members of the mazda rotary club - :rlol:

I still just think its missing the wow factor, at least in looks. I'll have to wait until I see it in the flesh I suppose.

Still debating its ugliness factor. Its certainly not the prettiest sports car to come out of japan for some time.

Lets be honest here and assume the latest facelift supercars from japan had never been released from the last 10 years.

Now if a facelift supra came out now, it would look a ton better than the new GTR

If a facelift rx7 came out now, it would look way better than the new gtr

If a facelift nsx came out now, it would look better than the new gtr.

Admittedly skylines have never been super slick looking machines - I recall them being called 'buses' by members of the mazda rotary club - :rlol:

I still just think its missing the wow factor, at least in looks. I'll have to wait until I see it in the flesh I suppose.

I actually like the look of the car. Sort of keeps with Skyline styling, but its new, aggressive and FAST!!! Cheaper than all of the other supercars........etc

I refuse to take advise from someone that has a WANKEL problem :p ;)

Thats stardard too. Imagine what its like modified :D

Gaz.

Apparently, you cant modify it though...

The Japanese engineers have made the R35 so that if you do try to modify it, the car goes t*ts up...BUT, i*think* there will be a way round it though...:innocent: :)

The Japanese engineers have made the R35 so that if you do try to modify it, the car goes t*ts up...BUT, i*think* there will be a way round it though...:innocent: :)

Several companies have already modified it.

Thats what they originally said, ECU was supposed to be uncrackable....

ECU was cracked ages ago! And as earlier, Mines have an ECU and exhaust for it already, probably more than just that.

They're already fitting HKS F-Con Pro V ECU's to them here and tweaking a few more gee gees out of them.

Turbo upgrades will be the hardest thing to do, as there is very little space available in the engine bay and the stock turbos are built into the downpipe and buried low down behind the engine.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2286/03lnm7.jpg http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/12/gtr08_eng2.jpg

Official video below - 7.29 at the ring.

I think the video speaks for itself.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZ5i15yVU8

Wow! :D

I do really like this car and im driving it atm on nfs pro street lol...:D

That is a really impressive time! Does the R35 have a paddle gear box because i didnt see the driver shiting through the box even though they

sounded like manual gear changes??

They're already fitting HKS F-Con Pro V ECU's to them here and tweaking a few more gee gees out of them.

Turbo upgrades will be the hardest thing to do, as there is very little space available in the engine bay and the stock turbos are built into the downpipe and buried low down behind the engine.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2286/03lnm7.jpg http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/12/gtr08_eng2.jpg

Nice pics!

Several companies have already modified it.

Thats what they originally said, ECU was supposed to be uncrackable....

ECU was cracked ages ago! And as earlier, Mines have an ECU and exhaust for it already, probably more than just that.

Oh right! Thats good then lol...:D

Im glad they have found a way around it, for a moment there, i thought the R35 would remain stock! :(