The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Learning Spanish - best way?

Kopite

For no reason in particular, i fancy learning another language. Did French at school and was ok with it, forgotten most of it except the swear words now :) Fancy learning Spanish, what's the best way of doing it? Books, tapes, internet etc? Any recommendations? Cheers

I learns Spanish at school instead of French & German. I quite liked it.

However, I also decided a couple of days ago to learn a language, only I chose Italian. Mostly because I love Italy and it would be nice to be able to go there and not worry about communicating!

I found a local collage that does evening classes, Italian for beginners starts in September so I am going to enrol.

I'd say you are best off learning a language that has a meaning for you and a drive to do it :)

Get a spanish girlfriend and she can teach you the lingo. As your relationship continues you'll get to learn the more 'fruitfull' parts of the language with the angry tone too :D

Yeah! Spanish girls can sound quite sexy when they're worked up!

Yeah! Spanish girls can sound quite sexy when they're worked up!

LOL!

(I'm Puerto Rican and I think my boyfriend might agree, but not in a good way!) :D

And I think you can learn Spanish via a class, at least for grammar and writing, and then plop yourself into a location where people actually speak it. You won't really learn by just reading or listening... need to practice the actual language in every day context. :)

I did some Spanish evening classes a couple of years ago. If you don't have the 'homework' done on time, they make you feel like an 11 year old school kid who's about to get their first detention. Not a nice experience!!

Well of course - the homework is going to be key to learning!! :p

A Liverpool fan wants to learn Spanish...... :confused:

:D

:sly:

evening classes are tricky at the min to be honest - evenings usually taken playing football / gym and i'm planning on taking up martial arts again soon too as well as starting a band with my mate lol. Hmm, will look into classes and dates etc, not expecting to be properly fluent etc, just have a good grasp of some of the lingo

Best way is to live in Spain or spanish speaking country as you are somehow forced to use language every day. You will also find, that difference between theoretical spanish (school one) and practical one are totally different (I found it, when I moved to UK) :)

I tried the cd's they are good to a point but all of a sudden I foudn myself unable to get past a certain lesson, there was something I clearly wasn't understanding so it basically stopped right there lol Also they only teach you to speak, if that's a problem for you...

For no reason in particular, i fancy learning another language. Did French at school and was ok with it, forgotten most of it except the swear words now :) Fancy learning Spanish, what's the best way of doing it? Books, tapes, internet etc? Any recommendations? Cheers

Lies!!

You just want to talk to Torres when you see him;)

• 1 month later...
Guest dickjones

I am Learning Spanish Online without paying anything for that and want to get some good basic tips and make my base for learning Advanced Spanish strong and for that I'll buy some e-books like Rocket Spanish Review, Learn Spanish Like Crazy Review, Rosetta Stone Spanish Review etc but that is for later now I'm learning Spanish Online .

Learn Spanish Online

Learn Spanish Review

Good Luck

Drastic would be if he would live in Spain and want to move here :p

Very true :D

I'd like to learn Spanish too. Its a country I do like visiting (my dad used to live there), and learning the language would be good if I ever decided to live there.

By the time I could do that though, the British would've taken over and they'll all be talking English anyway! ;)