The mkiv Supra Owners Club

has season 4 of battlestar finished? **may contain spoilers**

Daston

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only thing I would've changed in the series to make the ending slightly more 'plausible', would've been the Starbuck story, as something didn't sit right with me.

I'm not sure there would have been any other way with Starbuck, otherwise it would just get cheesy.

wow what an ending, sad in places and the music from the original series when the ships go into the sun was genius.

And the missus thought I was a geek for spotting that :)

I'm not sure there would have been any other way with Starbuck, otherwise it would just get cheesy.

And the missus thought I was a geek for spotting that :)

Yeah, the original theme was great at that point. It was quite obvious, and perfectly placed IMO. :)

I think they should've just discovered a bewildered Starbuck on the surface of the old 'Earth' (after following her exploded Viper's trail), but not knowing her 'status' until she and Leoben discovered the body still in the remains of the ship (as shown). But that's just my opinion, as returning in the Viper, was a little too much for me really.

2.5hrs to go. :)

There's a Frakkin' Special on afterwards, some highlights/interviews thingy it looks like.

You are lucky in seeing it for the first time, but I will be watching it again this evening, but on the 'big' tv. :)

And thanks for the heads up on the programme following, otherwise I'd have missed it. :thumbs:

By goodness I am really going to miss this. :(

Well just finished watching the final episode last night. Great series in places.

Nice ending to it all. But did not really like all the god and 'higher forces' element to it all.

The Starbuck situation was not really explained, and her sudden dissapearence was far too predictable.

But apart from that I really enjoyed watching it all.

I used to be a fan of the original series, and I really like the dark elements of the re-make. And the overall graphics and scenes within the series have been outstanding.

9/10 score from me.

Would have been 10/10 if not for the 'convenient' use of the god powers etc.

Im lost with the ending.

I thought they left there planet and galaxy to find earth where a race had gone thousands of years before them.

But found them to be too primative

Or was that the original

They supposedly went to the original 'Earth', but found it was a destroyed wasteland (it has happened before, and will happen again).

Starbuck's 'mission' was to break the cycle of cylon/human wars by leading the survivors of both races to somewhere that none of this could happen again, ie., the music/FTL codes etc.

The planet they eventually landed on was habitable, as it was only populated by a primitive 'human' type mammal, and so could be interbred with etc.

What they were trying to convey, was that we only call this planet 'Earth', because the survivors from Caprica brought the name with them, as well as all the astrological signs (Libra, Sagittarius etc), as well as the 'belief' of a god(s), and in so doing laid the foundations to what we have now; different peoples, beliefs, races, etc.

I thought it was very clever, but the higher being subject had to be glossed over a bit to enjoy the whole overall presentation.

The whole thing does smell a bit of Scientology to me, but I'm willing to ignore that slightly, as I thought the programme was brilliant. :)

The planet they went to first clearly wasn't this Earth from the space shots.

Thanks to Starbuck, second time round they found this planet - 150,000 years ago - and landed (in Africa?)

Did anyone spot the fact that Chief went to Scotland? ;)

Starbuck's 'mission' was to break the cycle of cylon/human wars by leading the survivors of both races to somewhere that none of this could happen again, ie., the music/FTL codes etc.

But did'nt the ending suggest it will happen again

As it focused on technology and robots

The planet they went to first clearly wasn't this Earth from the space shots.

Thanks to Starbuck, second time round they found this planet - 150,000 years ago - and landed (in Africa?)

Yes, but who would want to go there? Only joking ;)

But did'nt the ending suggest it will happen again

As it focused on technology and robots

You can't stop progress, unfortunately. :(

That was beautiful, man. *sheds tear*

Correct and yep

By goodness I am really going to miss this. :(

Ahh well there's the dvd to come with more material included in the finale episodes.

Meanwhile I'm gonna fill the void by jumping straight into The Wire (supposedly the best show ever that everyone hasn't seen) which starts next Monday on BBC2 and subsequent epsiodes appearing daily. :) and Five's got a new show called The Mentalist (:blink:) on Thursday, might be good.

• 6 months later...