The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Immobiliser Issue (RX8)

shaf

does anyone know of anyone who may be able to help me with the immobliser issue i am having with my rx8. long story but it goes like this.

bought an rx8 supercharged with motec ecu in december. everything was working fine aside from the engine. anyhow, had a new engine dropped in and ever since, the car wont immobilise itself. i've taken it to the local mazda dealer and having run some tests and charged me a lot for it, they were unable to resolve it.

the syptoms are the key fob will unlock the car but the keys will not start the car (all the keys worked fine previously). the local mechanic can bypass the immobiliser to start the car and show that the engine runs fine but the car still has its dash gauges powered on but giving no readings and the power steering and DSC are turned off. the dash also has the immobiliser key symbol flashing constantly.

it is the immobiliser that is faulty however it is not a simple case of bypassing it as it is run via the ecu. the mazda dealers said that they cannot get any readings from the original ecu (motec is a piggyback ecu) which is weird as it is able to lock and unlock the car from the fob so does seem to be working.

the people on the rx8 forum have said that the keys lose their immobiliser code if the battery is disconnected for a period of time and need to be re-programmed by mazda but obviously this cannot be done if no ecu reading is being given out.

so my question is this. does anyone know of any tuning company that will be able to provide a work around solution?

cheers