The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So many time wasters

JamieP

Ive had 3 calls now from people saying they are coming to see the car in the last couple of weeks so i spend a couple of hours cleaning and polishing it for them not to turn up and not even a polite call to say they aint coming now:thumbdown:

Ive had 3 calls now from people saying they are coming to see the car in the last couple of weeks so i spend a couple of hours cleaning and polishing it for them not to turn up and not even a polite call to say they aint coming now:thumbdown:

It's a sign mate - DONT sell it (until i can afford it ;) )

I never understood it really, if i didnt have the funds available or wasnt generally interested in a car i certainly wouln't ring up and arrange to see it. Its like window shopping.

I had one guy ring up when i was selling my previous car, we arranged a meeting time and he never turned up, so i rung him and said where the hell are you, he just came up with a lot of uhmms and arghhs.

What is the point i ask.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately but what car are you selling?

Not the Monaro......:blink:????

H.

Yup, i am in two minds but want to get back into the jap scene really, if it dont sell soon though im going to buy another supra anyhow, i will take px with a TT.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/525301.htm

P.S Jamie did you get that bmx

Sorry for the hijak

Nah mate, i got outbid while i was out and missed it:(

Guest mattsupra

its right across the board at the mo i think

my misses was letting one of her rotties go and we had all sorts of calls etc saying they were coming and never did

plus her cat had a litter so they were for sale too and the same there

total wan*ers if you ask me

I know exactly what u mean, hence the reason i ended up breaking my supes as i was getting fed up wasting time and the ones that did turn up were only here for a ride and no money.

I just got rid of my m3 an sold it about 1.5k less then the going rate because i had 2 people turn up who both said they would turn up with the monies but no show. Advertised it very cheap and boom.... sold it to a trader paid cash and over an done with.

My advice and it worked for me when selling my rx7 is put email address only.

This will filter out tons of pointless phone calls. If they are serious they will definitely go out of their way to contact you. Saves a lot of time and you don't get private numbers and all that crap.

A lot of people just take the piss in general these day, i just had price off an electrical contractor i use for a job im doing today and he quoted me £3800, seemed well over the top to me so called another guy i use and he quoted me £1800 for the same job:rolleyes: needless to say i bite his arm off:)

I had it the other way around when I was looking for a car, ask a few questions, then whether I can go view?, yes, day x ok? around x pm?, yes yes fine, well can I have an address? phone number? SOMETHING?, .... It's like they don't want to sell the car!

Result is I'm buying another Supra, which means I need to sell mine, then continue with the car hunt.. :rolleyes: (Need something FWD/AWD for all these little lanes around here!).

I know how you feel, had so many time wasters with my old car I started going to garages to look for a trade in instead - I got fed up with the Sunday ritial of washing + polishing only for no-one to show up.

The phone calls were worse though.... like Thorin said, asking every minute detail about the car that's already in the bloody advert :rolleyes: Especially stupid when they must've read down so far to find the phone number!