The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oiltemp with cooler

csa

When running an fairsized oilcooler, what should the oiltemp be when cruising with 4000rpms?

on mine it's climbing over 100C...something wrong?

Yes that is a bit warm mate should be between 80 to 90 deg's at that speed , Where is the temp sensor located?

Also them temps are with the standard cooler so yours should be about 70 to 80 max

Edited by supra matt (see edit history)

where is the standard oil cooler, i never knew they had one or is that a uk car thing?

Your car has a mocal oil cooler, i cant remember what the oil temps was but that does sound high, do i remember you having trouble with a split oil cooler hose?

where is the standard oil cooler, i never knew they had one or is that a uk car thing?

Your car has a mocal oil cooler, i cant remember what the oil temps was but that does sound high, do i remember you having trouble with a split oil cooler hose?

They all have them Jamie its a wet one that sits behind the oil filter runs off the coolant circuit.

i did. but just had a hose replaced

my rs4 stays at about 100 and thats a new car. The supra is the same but peaked 137 at marhan

Ow!!!

When I see 110 a yellow light pups up and my turbo melted yet the oil never saw above 115.. Normally it sits at 85-90 peaks at 95 on the road. I use a small mocal which is poorly ventilated.

Michel uses a dirty big one in the drivers side nosecone and he never saw above 85 at Marham... when he had a gearstick :)

I'll be doing a michel install soon.

edit; my water never goes above 95 degrees even when my oil is 110.