mkivSupra.net Track Day - 4th October

SteveR

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was talk of a friend of mine running Llandow, someone called Andy Murdoch, he managed Pembrey for some time. Is the name familiar to you Steve? He may never have gone to Llandow, we lost touch some years ago.

Tony, Sharon and Hillary seem to be the key people Chris, I've not heard of Andy I'm afraid. Might be worth asking the cheif marshal when we get down there, just in case he ever went that way?

As long as it's not set up for drifting, I'm not worried. The track prefer to keep drifting days and track days seperate, and so do I! ;)

They seem to have become more liberal to this recently (they cover it off as ok in the briefings) as long as there is no-one else around they don't mind you having the back out.

Going back to the noise issue... Is there any way I can quieten down the screamer pipe without fabricating it back into the exhaust? I can make the db limit but only if I stay on 2/3rd loud pedal!

Oh, and has anyone got a spare lid for my lad please.

They seem to have become more liberal to this recently (they cover it off as ok in the briefings) as long as there is no-one else around they don't mind you having the back out.

True, true. If it really won't hold anyone up AND the driver is in full control (track staff will soon shout if they have doubts) then there is no harm done I suppose. It is slower and could hold up someone catching them. Don't go crazy with it, hows that for advice. :)

Going back to the noise issue... Is there any way I can quieten down the screamer pipe without fabricating it back into the exhaust? I can make the db limit but only if I stay on 2/3rd loud pedal!

Oh, and has anyone got a spare lid for my lad please.

My screamer pipe is piped back into the downpipe. Custom exhaust work done with the help of my best buddy on the forum, and his amazing welder man friend. Duobt you'd be able to get that sorted by Saturday, so how about a temporary baffle just in case they say it's too loud?

I don't have any spare helmets, but the track should have some to hire on the day.

Steve do i have to bring the paper part of my license? i have the photo card but cant find the paper part at the min.

Im the opposite, i cant find the card bit??? :search:

Chin up I cant find any of mine :(

lol you guys... :rolleyes:

I think - and I'll check so don't quote me on this 'till I have - that in the absence of the correct bits/any bits of a driving licence, the track will let you sign a form saying "I promise I've got a driving licence, honest".

Whether you show an actual license or not, they'll kick you off if they think you can't drive, so it shouldn't make any difference.

lol you guys...

I think - and I'll check so don't quote me on this 'till I have - that in the absence of the correct bits/any bits of a driving licence, the track will let you sign a form saying "I promise I've got a driving licence, honest".

Whether you show an actual license or not, they'll kick you off if they think you can't drive, so it shouldn't make any difference.

Thats me fecked then

Seems unlikely they would be ok with mixing drifting cars with grip driving, drifting tends to be fewer cars on the track at a time and seems to cause noise issues on top of general exhuast noise.

But as I am the only FWD car there, I'll just be understeering my way round... :blink:

I wouldn't mention the 'R' word at trackdays either, organiser's won't be happy :rulez:

Seems unlikely they would be ok with mixing drifting cars with grip driving, drifting tends to be fewer cars on the track at a time and seems to cause noise issues on top of general exhuast noise.

If anyone sets out to deliberately drift, they'll get chucked off as we've got a track day, not a drift day, and as you say, the two are quite different. A bit of slidey back end whilst cornering isn't a big deal, but full-on drifting wouldn't be acceptable.

:thumbs:

OK I just spoke to the track and the above is correct.

they requested that people still BRING WHAT YOU HAVE GOT, and sign to say you have the rest.

Cheers!

Steve

Travelodge Friday Night

01. SteveR & Kate & Dan ~6pm

02. Pig and Gaz1

03. AlexM

04. M5WTT

05. Pete

06. Bignum

07. Little num

08. Genesis

09. JamieP

10. Trig + Karen

11. Ian R

12. Muffleman

13. DaveF

14. Chris + Jo ~20:30

15. Rush

16. Lockys96 - 21:00 tbc

Travelodge Saturday Night

01. M5WTT

take it your all be in the pub (pissed) please make me welcome, just me attending

take it your all be in the pub (pissed) please make me welcome, just me attending

How come mate? :(

I was wondering actually, if you could get a vinyl wrap done on the front. I really can't see stones being an issue, probably even less when compared to driving down a normal road or motorway, but if you're worried, a wrap of some sort might ease those fears?