mkivSupra.net Track Day - 4th October

SteveR

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many people are that unconfident that they think they'll crash? It's starting to get a little worrying!

Just drive to your own level. People will be sent out according to class and car power so you should be on the track with similar experience.

There shouldn't be any problems unless someone does anything really stupid - and if they do drive stupid they're ejected from the track.

defo, i called them, and they said they couldnt book it over the phone either.

i think i tried around 20 times online

odd, they told me I could book over the phone but I'd have to go with the £51 option instead of the £39. Being as tight as I am, I put the phone down and managed to get the interweb to work. ;)

No refund yet:(

Typical, re booked it last night and i get a refund today for the first time when i f**ked it up.

I have today, arranged a credit in the form of an eVoucher for the amount of this booking. This will show in your My Travelodge account and can be used towards your next booking that you make with us.

Steve, Regret have to cancel my ticket, is there anyone on the reserve list looking for ticket?

What a muppet, can't count the days on a calendar:( Glad to say I'm back in (stood in front of mirror and gave self a bolloc**ing):search:

What a muppet, can't count the days on a calendar:( Glad to say I'm back in (stood in front of mirror and gave self a bolloc**ing):search:

:rlol: Glad you're still in matey :)

Jamie - I wish I'd read your post before I just booked a Travelodge room for a Christmas party! Could have sorted you out, doh!

EDIT - use it for SupraPod booking?

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

The noise limit is 105dB, measured as a drive-by, but I'm not sure what distance and I don't know if they measure it at a certain distance but then calculate the noise level closer to the car (useless I know, but that's all the track booking side of the arrangement couuld tell me).

I'll try to get more info from them about this, helmets, what happens if peope turn up late etc then get that info out to everyone this week. :thumbs:

Good news on the helmet front one & all!

I called the track today to iron-out a few last minute questions I had so I can stick the naswers into the info pack I'm preparing for you all. The short story WRT helmets is as follows;

Helmets are a MUST for the track use.

You can use whatever you think is up to the job (e.g. motorbike helmet) as ensuring YOU have adaquate protection for YOUR head is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. THe track will only step-in if you're being a complete prat and turn up with a cycle/skiiing/etc helmet which clearly wouldn't be up to the job.

If you would like to buy a basic helmet, Demon Tweaks have some from £70; you may be able to find something else cheaper.

Don't forget, the track have 10 helmets available to hire on the day for a small fee (£15 was mentioned) if you don't have one/don't want to buy one.

(FAQ updated to say the same)

I asked about running the track in reverse for the afternoon session but they sauid the track isn't set up to do that (despite rumours that it can be used in reverse - it can't). I can see my front right tyre being foooooooooooked at the end of the day lol so that's where my cash will be going. Should have got Ibrar to sponsor the day! ;)