The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Power

Steve Paine

A word of warning to people thinking that they are getting a bargain with XS Power. I recently had a GT45 turbo kit fitted. This was completed by Kent Performance and was then Dyno'd at CPR Racing. Some 2 months later and only 450 miles the nut unwound itself from the impeller spindle and shattered the blades. It is now useless and irrepairable. The after sales policy is poor and is as per the e mails;

We have tried to offer a solution to help and have done nothing wrong

> according to Trading

> Standards or Ebay.

>

> We have handled ourselves responsibly and any such inference is not

> warranted.

>

> Like you said you have a decision to make we have made an attempt to

> respond and help rectify the

> situation but obviously you are not please with the auction process and

> want instead the buying

> process. Auction House are "as is sales" with seller policy in place.

The solution was a discounted turbo. Price not specified.

It is now costing me £1400 to put a proper T35 in its place.[ANGRY][/ANGRY]

Sorry to hear that, TBH I don't fancy anyones chances of getting anything out of the big names either WRT aftermarket upgrades like these.

What is a T35? Smaller than a GT40 etc, £1400 seems a bit pricey for a turbo capable of 500bhp, I payed circa £750 for a GT4088R

Sorry to hear that, TBH I don't fancy anyones chances of getting anything out of the big names either WRT aftermarket upgrades like these.

What is a T35? Smaller than a GT40 etc, £1400 seems a bit pricey for a turbo capable of 500bhp, I payed circa £750 for a GT4088R

Sorry to hear that!

I think he means dollars :)

Yep. Am told by Kent Performance that the company is reliable and one they always deal with. I am told they are supplying it at cost. The quote without bearings and no water cooling was £860.

I need reliability as I use the car each day.

If is a water cooled then thats a GT35R, i would speak with KylesTT @ velocity, he is a trusted forum trader and im sure he will beat that price by a long way.

Cheers buddy. I am somewhat restricted as I need a turbo that will sit on the manifold that came with the Turbo kit. No doubt that will be the next thing to go. I think it is a GT35R, but am not a fiddler under my motors bonnet. However I do trust Kent Performance as they have done a lot of work on it and have always been reasonably priced. They have said that if anyone turns up with XS Power stuff to fit they will send them elsewhere.

Cheers buddy. I am somewhat restricted as I need a turbo that will sit on the manifold that came with the Turbo kit.

They are made by different companys, the GT45 is much bigger and longer than a GT35r and runs a bigger Vband, to fit the gt35r you will need a new downpipe or mod the one you have, also as its water cooled so you will need the relevant pipework and the water elbow will need tapping, also im sure the ic pipework will need modding, its far from a straight swap.

Have FMIC with V band and am told it will bolt staright on to the manifold. The turbo company looked at the old one and it should be a direct fit. The boys at Kent Performance feel for me and are doing their best to sought it. They don't think there will be a problem with the water feed.

Hope you are right buddy. I am sure they are genuine. I will speak to them in the morning with your warning. They have done a lot of fiddling to get the FMIC in and the 4" decat pipe. I have been impressed by the way they have always tried to help and it has never been obvious that they have been trying it on.

Cheers buddy. I am somewhat restricted as I need a turbo that will sit on the manifold that came with the Turbo kit. No doubt that will be the next thing to go. I think it is a GT35R, but am not a fiddler under my motors bonnet. However I do trust Kent Performance as they have done a lot of work on it and have always been reasonably priced. They have said that if anyone turns up with XS Power stuff to fit they will send them elsewhere.

Is the XS Power manifold use a T4 flange? I run a GT35R with .82 AR and T4 exhaust housing, they come as standard with a T3 exhaust housing, so make sure they are ordering the correct one.