The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rat problem

ADL Mark

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice..

Have seen a couple of times now some rats in our garden. I'm pretty sure they were about last summer too, but definitely about now.

Was just about to go to bed and heard one of our rabbits screaming. After the first torch setting fire on me (wtf?!) I got a working torch and went out in to the garden to hear a rustling. Shone around a bit and spotted this big bugger rat sitting in the flower bed :rolleyes:

They seem to have runs down one side of our garden and along the bottom between two sheds we have. Both the sheds are slightly raised so I'm concerned they'll have dug under them and homed themselves.

What's the best and easiest way to rid? I'm not bothered what happens to them, just don't want them in the garden and spreading horrible crap to the rabbits etc. I certainly want to act before they find their way in the house..

Help!

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice..

Have seen a couple of times now some rats in our garden. I'm pretty sure they were about last summer too, but definitely about now.

Was just about to go to bed and heard one of our rabbits screaming. After the first torch setting fire on me (wtf?!) I got a working torch and went out in to the garden to hear a rustling. Shone around a bit and spotted this big bugger rat sitting in the flower bed :rolleyes:

They seem to have runs down one side of our garden and along the bottom between two sheds we have. Both the sheds are slightly raised so I'm concerned they'll have dug under them and homed themselves.

What's the best and easiest way to rid? I'm not bothered what happens to them, just don't want them in the garden and spreading horrible crap to the rabbits etc. I certainly want to act before they find their way in the house..

Help!

Not good!

Hire an exterimanator Mark, i personally wouldnt want to touch those p*ssing things and catch the plague!! :D

Guest mattsupra

you think thats bad (yer ok it is lol ) but my misses went to asda tonight and there was a load of the little fuc*ers running around on the trollys and in and out the bins

seriously i wasnt there but i know she dont touch drugs lol

you think thats bad (yer ok it is lol ) but my misses went to asda tonight and there was a load of the little fuc*ers running around on the trollys and in and out the bins

seriously i wasnt there but i know she dont touch drugs lol

LOL!

In birmingham it is a massive problem and the rats are everywhere!

There not even scared of humans here and wont run away from u but stay there looking at you like a showdown.....and yes i usually back down and run in the opposite direction!

Problem is all the takeaways here have food and bits dumped around outside and the rats are there in broad daylight munching away like theres no tomorrow.

Man some of them are massive , hence why we call them Ratwoilers around here as some of them are there bigger than cats.

I hate them and would not get near one personally.

Rat poisoin would be a good start and then call in a expert as they breed like mutha fcukers!

Guest mattsupra
LOL!

In birmingham it is a massive problem and the rats are everywhere!

There not even scared of humans here and wont run away from u but stay there looking at you like a showdown.....and yes i usually back down and run in the opposite direction!

Problem is all the takeaways here have food and bits dumped around outside and the rats are there in broad daylight munching away like theres no tomorrow.

Man some of them are massive , hence why we call them Ratwoilers around here as some of them are there bigger than cats.

I hate them and would not get near one personally.

Rat poisoin would be a good start and then call in a expert as they breed like mutha fcukers!

this is something out of the norm for us round here tbh

maybe an epidemic is coming ?

hmmmm gets you thinking doesnt it ;)

I was in my mates unit a few weeks back which is behind a chip shop and a rat came in to the unit while 5 grown men were standing talking and making a lot of noise.

This b4stard thing stood there and looked at us and did not even flinch!

the thing was only like 2 metres away but then i looked over my shoulder and 4 of my mates had climbed on to the ramp and various cars that were there.

Then i noticed that i was standing on a stack of tyres! dont know how i got there but must have been a natural reaction.

Anyway rat stood there and had a snoop around then casually walked back out the dirty disease bag.

I would get a professional in to sort this mate!!

We had a problem with mice a few years back and they sorted that out pretty quickly. Rats are are a much bigger problem though. I would imagine your rabbits are attracting them.......;)

H.

Rats are a common problem here. Was walking through a large indoors wet market (selling fresh meat, fish, vegetables, etc.) which has the pipework exposed across the high ceiling. Well this big bugger must have lost his footing and plumetted from above and landing just in front of the girl in front of me... she went :rolleyes::blink::shock::eek::scared::faint: in a touch under one second. I left the building.

The rat? It was no more.

If you really feel like sticking it to old `Roland` then borrow an decent air rifle (or something more pokey!!)

Best way to lure them out is a bit of bacon rind tied to a strong thread or fishing line about a foot long that is then staked firmly in the ground (use a long tent peg or similar).

Mr Rat will come out have a look at the bacon and run back to cover, they do this about 3-4 times before they feel safe enough to grab it. Once they grab it they wont let go.....thens your chance to blast the pesky rodent!!!!

That reminds me - I must put more poison down in the garden.

Lin saw one run under the woodshed last night. :(

Careful Ken, mate of mine almost died after wiping his arse on a poisoned rabbit we left out for next doors dog.

I wouldnt put poison down,it will kill everything else too,. Foxes,.hedgehogs,badgers,.

get an expert in,ive seen them use air rifles.

Cant say thats over true, ive used poison for ages and havent seen one sick dead or dying anything. Foxes shouldnt eat it, like wise badgers, Theres a saying with dealing with rodents, for everyone you can see theres 5 you cant, shotting them wont kil them on a wide scale.

Careful Ken' date=' mate of mine almost died after wiping his arse on a poisoned rabbit we left out for next doors dog.[/quote']LOL What sort of guy wipes his arse with a dead rabbit? :blink:

Don't worry, I know where the rat run is and have laid it inside where not even the cats will get at it.

We've got a very small fully enclosed garden - even the cats have difficulty getting in these days. :)

LOL What sort of guy wipes his arse with a dead rabbit?

Scary! :blink:

I've got a cat, well kitten, but she's only 3 months old and still quite small so not really ready to go out catching the rats, they're nearly as big as she is.

Thinking it might be best to call somebody out as I don't really want to handle them if they die in the bloody garden. Also get foxes and hedgehogs in the garden so don't want to harm them (well not the hedgehogs anyway, the damn foxes can have it as they keep trying to get to the rabbits too).

Cheers for the advice guys :)