The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New GTR

grahamc

by itself, I really like the R35, but the thing does look huge!!! Really starting to like R34s more... and with the price dropping a tad, hmmmmm, it might just be tempted :D Nice road version, 350 - 400bhp, gleaming in white... :D

by itself, I really like the R35, but the thing does look huge!!! Really starting to like R34s more... and with the price dropping a tad, hmmmmm, it might just be tempted :D Nice road version, 350 - 400bhp, gleaming in white... :D

Hmm...yeh...what are the going prices for the R34 Skyline's these days??

Tbh, the R34 Skyline's aren't all that quick! That was evident at yesterday's Japfest! I think the R34 got overtaken on the track by a...Civic! :blink:

Tbh, the R34 Skyline's aren't all that quick! That was evident at yesterday's Japfest! I think the R34 got overtaken on the track by a...Civic! :blink:

Ah, but you are missing one important element - driver :D

yeah, but they lok better than a civic... That sort of track thing, depends on so much. Besides, the R34 wont be fo the track, I am looking at a lotus 7 replica for that, 4age engine supercharged....

Yeah I used to think with all the hype that a R34 GTR V-Spec was factory of about 4.5 secs 0-60mph. It was only after a conversation with a mate who pointed me to Nissans own pages that I discovered the standard 0-60mph of a GTR was 5.2secs and the GTR v-Spec 4.9secs. Basically its the same as the Supra!!

I never knew that and I have to confess I was quite stunned!! Their reputation seems to be a lot more than their real capabilities!! I'm not doubting if you throw £15000 at one it will be a monster, but hey so are a lot of cars with that kind of money!!

I wonder how the size visibly compares to a Supra? It certainly makes the R34 look slim in that picture, but it also makes the R34 look old and outdated to me..

would say r34 and supra are very similar in size

Yeah I used to think with all the hype that a R34 GTR V-Spec was factory of about 4.5 secs 0-60mph. It was only after a conversation with a mate who pointed me to Nissans own pages that I discovered the standard 0-60mph of a GTR was 5.2secs and the GTR v-Spec 4.9secs. Basically its the same as the Supra!!

I never knew that and I have to confess I was quite stunned!! Their reputation seems to be a lot more than their real capabilities!! I'm not doubting if you throw £15000 at one it will be a monster, but hey so are a lot of cars with that kind of money!!

Thats hype ;)

Was still under the time of gentlemans rule of 280 bhp... so at a push 320, exactly the same as the supra.

Exactly!

You would think for the money they cost to have one, it would have astounding performance! Yet a Supra which costs lets say, 12k, would give it a run!

Thats why the guy in the R34 yesterday going home from Japfest didn't want to know! Just incase, i embarrased him lol! :D