The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDL kit gone crazy

richard cash

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supragals car was made rather more professionally that this effort. At least it was cut, pre-formed and shaped foam block and then fully fibreglassed (Entire body was a one-off). This is approach is something rather different, to say the least... :taped:

obviously precut to fitting is better :D

and of course more professionally.

although the pics do make the car look bad at the moment i think its a little harsh to start slating a newbie just because his approach is a bit differnent to the norm..

Ive had a few cars painted with blends and custom work and believe me its not all pretty untill the prep works done and at least the primer is on and flattened..

Surely we should be waiting for the outcome before slating a guy whos actually custominsing his own car.. Its easy to throw money at a car if you have it remember.. I dont know but ide guess, most of the best cars on here have had little manual owners input into the finished car except picking bits for others to fit..

I dont know this guy from adam but, surley it would be better to give him constructive critisizm than slate the guy because hes having a go..

Im not having a go but i dont like to see people slated or hounded of the board because they have a different approach.. Its just not nice :(

Edited by JODY T (see edit history)

although the pics do make the car look bad at the moment i think its a little harsh to start slating a newbie just because his approach is a bit differnent to the norm..

Ive had a few cars painted with blends and custom work and believe me its not all pretty untill the prep works done and at least the primer is on and flattened..

Surely we should be waiting for the outcome before slating a guy whos actually custominsing his own car.. Its easy to throw money at a car if you have it remember.. I dont know but ide guess, most of the best cars on here have had little manual owners input into the finished car except picking bits for others to fit..

I dont know this guy from adam but, surley it would be better to give him constructive critisizm than slate the guy because hes having a go..

Im not having a go but i dont like to see people slated or hounded of the board because they have a different approach.. Its just not nice :(

well said fella

Newbie? he has been a member longer than me and still no taste:d

i think its a little harsh to start slating a newbie just because his approach is a bit differnent to the norm..

Newbie? He's been a member longer than you have mate ;) :D

Let him finish, before usual team will start patting on a back of each other and using "chav" comparition to everything more then stock Supra.

I still remember moans about how cheap JDL kit was and how crap fit it have to be and then 3 Supras popped out of nowhere (white, orange and black) - 2 of them was done DIY, looks very good and fitters did not report any troubles at all.

Let him finish, before usual team will start patting on a back of each other and using "chav" comparition to everything more then stock Supra.

I still remember moans about how cheap JDL kit was and how crap fit it have to be and then 3 Supras popped out of nowhere (white, orange and black) - 2 of them was done DIY, looks very good and fitters did not report any troubles at all.

Yeah, but none of them used bloody filler foam :D There's a way to do things, there's more ways not to do them ;)

It's not a case of chav or not, but this, my friend, is chav-ness in the highest possible degree. I was actually disappointed of the lack of poor quality mobile phone youtube footage of it doing a burnout around the local council estate before this high class bodywork began

I still insist on letting him finish this before full slating :p Anyway - even if it will come out as a pop, at least he will not need cage in case of accident, instead of rolling Supe will bounce :D

If this is how it starts, I doubt the final product :D

But good point, maybe the first supra to get a 5* NCAP :) Maybe they'd be better off using Playdoh from the outset

Guest mattsupra

wahooo ill get my 3 yr old daughter on it asap as she is a wiz with the playdoh ;)

i do say give the guy a chance and as one mans rubbish is another mans gold this is his gold so let him play and then see how/if it gets finished

plus he did it himself

which is a lot more than a lot of people can say ;)