The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Use safety glasses always

jazz1

well i really must be stupid i did think of using them but didnt bother. I though id fix my seats in mycar today but the screws were too wide for the frame so i decided to grind them narrower. Anyways whilst doing that the dam sparks went into my left eye. My eye felt uncomfortable i saw a small tinny metal stuck in the middle part of the eye ball. Anyways after going to A&E he numbed my eye and removed all the metal etc and showed me the scratch it left under uv ray. Hes given me antibiotic drops and said it should heel fine any problems come back:(

well my eyes much better today:D

You are lucky to still have eyes/sight......:blink: I am not sure which is the more stupid, using and grinder without goggles or posting up on here about it......;)

Glad you are ok though but it's defo a nominee for the Darwin awards.....:sly:

H.

It used to happen to me all the time at work, one time I didn't bother going to the doctors and getting it scraped out immediately after a spark got me, I eventually ended up going to casualty at 3am in absolute agony, her indoors wasn't best pleased having to drive me up to hospital, especially as she works there and was due in only a few hours later anyway.

I have finally learnt to wear goggles....5 years after finishing my apprenticeship

yea my dad had safety glasses there but me being me i didnt bother i thought im not far from finishing until it hit my left eye, i did see the metal in there, guess im very lucky and im very happy my eyes back to normal

Being in the machining industry I know of many people with an odd eye, ends of fingers gone etc.

We have a common sense approach at work, although eye protection is mandatory. Basically if you are using a machine or power toll you need them on. If you are just filing a job or sat having a brew you don't.

• 2 weeks later...