The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mafless remap on the Monaro

JamieP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well dont the plugs go in the top of the M3's? they're straight 6's too arnt they? like you say, the M3s are achiveing a huge gain. 500bhp from the off is surely far better than 500bhp with lag?

Its not that simple, the results wouldnt be the same as Jamie's graph, we would have 3000cc to play with compared to his Guzzullioncc, more cc plus good ve = more torque

well surely thats not correct..

3.0L N/A 220bhp? I'd say it was

A supercharged sup would be more of a comparison to a bpu sup rather than a single, 2JZ's are nothing special - without lots of boost:d

Yea maybe, mine only runs 7psi but mark was telling me about a monaro he just did with a 2.3 whipple supercharger running 22psi that made just over 800rwhp, so you can run as much boost as you want, its the guys daily driver.

Its not that simple, the results wouldnt be the same as Jamie's graph, we would have 3000cc to play with compared to his Guzzullioncc, more cc plus good ve = more torque

3.0L N/A 220bhp? I'd say it was

you wouldnt be working off an n/a tho. its hyperthetical but surely the TT set up would start you off at a better base bhp than the N/A lump would as its got better components. you get a stronger charger like jamie suggests and why couldnt you see 500+? that would be more than enough for me and you instant power form the get go, more usable than 800bhp at 5k rpm

No, the N/A has a higher compression ratio than a TT lump - er minus the TT's - it also has bigger injectors, it would be coughing and spluttering all over the place,

To compare like for like, iirc supercharged 2JZ's push out around 400hp, a small single with comparable response will push high 400's +, your not getting the response of a supercharger but its not far off,

No, the N/A has a higher compression ratio than a TT lump - er minus the TT's - it also has bigger injectors, it would be coughing and spluttering all over the place,

To compare like for like, iirc supercharged 2JZ's push out around 400hp, a small single with comparable response will push high 400's +, your not getting the response of a supercharger but its not far off,

Well that makes more sense, suppose it was designed for turbo power above anything else...... considering what your saying is correct :p

Well that makes more sense, suppose it was designed for turbo power above anything else...... considering what your saying is correct

No, it was meant for forced induction;)The block doesnt really care who blows on it...as long as it blows hard:D

Why the hell don't people supercharge Supras then?
I'd say the answer to that is simply that there's no point when you can buy a ready-made turbocharged Supra.... :)

Little point in making an off-the-shelf kit because you wouldn't sell any, and doing it yourself is difficult because there isn't much room for the supercharger. It's arguably easier to supercharge a "V" engine because the blower fits neatly in the V.

I think there were 2JZ-GE kits which used centrifugal superchargers, but (personal opinion) that seems to be the worst of both worlds -- neither the low-down torque of the Roots or twin-screw types nor the ultimate power of a turbo.

If you want a supercharged Supra..... stick a V8 in it, I say :)

I'm not sure what you mean, explain?

Spoke to Mark today about the M3 and he said he did a CSL for a guy on the same trading estate 12months ago and is been faultless apart from chucking a belt, the guy does a lot of trackdays in it, he said its an amazing bit of kit.