The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mafless remap on the Monaro

JamieP

We talking my supra here?

Supra is still quicker, especially over 140, best thing about this car is the huge stab of torque from low down, instant BANG of power that would give a single supra a hard time from a roll, for me though its not all about the power with this car, its a loverly smooth machine to drive and im sure i could cane the arse of it everyday with next to no problems with it. ;)

nice one......glad your happy with it mate. It does sound a cracking motor :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure mate, ill have the graphs tomorrow, speak with mark at RapidGB, he has done M3's, my mate stuart was in talks with him about one for him, i honestly think that a supercharged M3 may be the ultimate car.

Interesting. Are RapidGB the guys that did yours?

I know there's a been a few 'charged M3s and CSLs done now and that they have been very reliable from what I hear.

Another good thing is that it's quite straightforward to put them back to stock come resale time, unlike a single turbo Supe.

I need to somehow get a drive in a 'charged m3 to see whether I like it or not. The lack of power from the m3 is getting on my nerves now.

I think you're right though; an m3 with 100-150 extra hp would be a real weapon.

Whoops. Sorry for the hi-jack mate.

Interesting. Are RapidGB the guys that did yours?

I know there's a been a few 'charged M3s and CSLs done now and that they have been very reliable from what I hear.

Another good thing is that it's quite straightforward to put them back to stock come resale time, unlike a single turbo Supe.

I need to somehow get a drive in a 'charged m3 to see whether I like it or not. The lack of power from the m3 is getting on my nerves now.

I think you're right though; an m3 with 100-150 extra hp would be a real weapon.

Whoops. Sorry for the hi-jack mate.

No Monkfish did mine, i went with them as they are a lot closer to me but i didnt do enough research and learned the maf restricts them, Mark @rapid is the only person in the uk that has done full mafless remaps on them, he gets great reviews on pistonheads from what ive seen.

Hi jack away mate, its all car talk:)

Cheers guys, im pretty happy with it now, the torque from tick over is immense, any gear any revs it just stonks along.:)

I also see TerryS car at at RapidGB, he has a supercharged HSV VT,(sort of like an omega with a LS1 engine) he is also having Mark do a remap on his.

Cheers guys, im pretty happy with it now, the torque from tick over is immense, any gear any revs it just stonks along.:)

I also see TerryS car at at RapidGB, he has a supercharged HSV VT,(sort of like an omega with a LS1 engine) he is also having Mark do a remap on his.

I wondered what he was doing now. Last I heard he was running an Aristo.

why the hell dont people SC supras then?

You would not be able to go with a top mount as you would have to remove it everytime you wanted to change the plugs, a side mount is possible but im not sure a 3litre would pump enough air to make it as good as a single supe, remember mine has double the cc of a supra, saying all that the M3 boys get an easy 500bhp with a supercharger so it is possible id say.

You would not be able to go with a top mount as you would have to remove it everytime you wanted to change the plugs,

a side mount is possible but im not sure a 3litre would pump enough air to make it as good as a single supe, remember mine has double the cc of a supra, saying all that the M3 boys get an easy 500bhp with a supercharger so it is possible id say.

Well dont the plugs go in the top of the M3's? they're straight 6's too arnt they? like you say, the M3s are achiveing a huge gain. 500bhp from the off is surely far better than 500bhp with lag?