The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mafless remap on the Monaro

JamieP

It went on the dyno today (dyno dynamics at http://www.rapid-gb.co.uk/index.php) for a mafless remap, it started with 532bhp and 490ftlb with the maf in place which is pretty much what i was expecting.

After the remap it made 578bhp and 518ftlb at 7psi.

Mark is doing the cold starts in the morning then i can go pick her up, cant wait:)

EDIT... dyno graph on page 2.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It went on the dyno today (dyno dynamics at http://www.rapid-gb.co.uk/index.php) for a mafless remap, it started with 532bhp and 490ftlb with the maf in place which is pretty much what i was expecting.

After the remap it made 578bhp and 518ftlb at 7psi.

Mark is doing the cold starts in the morning then i can go pick her up, cant wait:)

very nice figures there, dont fancy the chances of it being cold in the morning though lol

You still planning on upping the compressor?

Not yet as the next step is 12 psi and i would be pushing the limits of the internals at that, i think ive sourced a spare LS2 short block now and i plan on building that up to a 427 fully forged lump then ill go for more power, that wont be till next year though id say.

whats your honest opinion between this and the supra J??

pretty even performance wise? how the drive compared to the supra?

We talking my supra here?

Supra is still quicker, especially over 140, best thing about this car is the huge stab of torque from low down, instant BANG of power that would give a single supra a hard time from a roll, for me though its not all about the power with this car, its a loverly smooth machine to drive and im sure i could cane the arse of it everyday with next to no problems with it. ;)

Sounds good Jamie. What are the figures at the wheels?

I'm seriously considering a supercharger for the M3. A few of the guys on MTorque have had them fitted and are getting close to 500bhp with just the basic 6psi charger. Not bad value for

Sounds good Jamie. What are the figures at the wheels?

I'm seriously considering a supercharger for the M3. A few of the guys on MTorque have had them fitted and are getting close to 500bhp with just the basic 6psi charger. Not bad value for

Im not sure mate, ill have the graphs tomorrow, speak with mark at RapidGB, he has done M3's, my mate stuart was in talks with him about one for him, i honestly think that a supercharged M3 may be the ultimate car.